Few questions about purchasing CycloDS

Discussion in 'CycloDS' started by Timaxou, Aug 1, 2008.

Aug 1, 2008
  1. Timaxou
    OP

Newcomer Timaxou Member

Belgium
    Hello there,
    I've been browsing the forum a bit and couldn't find any answer to my question.
    So here's the point, my investigations on getting a decent ds linker lead me to the R4 Revolution, reading the news, I changed my mind and thought i'd be going for a CycloDS.
    But I live in Belgium. Import duties & customs fees and whatsoever are the most expensive you could find, from anywhere across the globe but Europe. [​IMG]
    I found a few european shops seling at crazy prices, some were selling cyclo @ 60€ (practically $100).. And I found this website, seling Cyclos (not in stock now) : http://www.mobymemory.com/products/MobyMem...lution-Pack.asp
    I must admit their price is fine for me, since I don't need the µSD card.
    But does anyone know if this site is trustable? The reviews I could find would tend to say yes, it is.
    But I don't know much about the Cyclo, I heard theres been a few different batches released. The sales department told me their restock is currently pending for a few days, so I guess they'll be getting new ones.
    But are they gonna be the latest batch available? Or is it possible that I'd get a clone?
    I just want a proper working one, and possibly the latest batch available. What makes me scared is that they apparently don't let you choose between black or white color, though the picture displays it.. [​IMG]
    Any advice would be appreciated,
    Max.

2. ganmo

Newcomer ganmo Member

Sweden
    I don't know anything about that site. I self i'm going to order from topmodders.com, they're certified as trusted CycloDS sellers by Team Cyclops themself, but yeah you have the risk that you'll need to pay custom fees.

3. Timaxou
    OP

Newcomer Timaxou Member

Belgium
    Just in case European people would want to know,
    I eventually purchased it at www.homeworldz.co.uk, an UK based shop.
    The guy was kind, included Hori screen protections & stuff, well it was definitely perfect.
    Waiting for the Cyclo now, but he's tested it first to make sure it was working proper.
    Definitely giving Reps for the shop & embolding you to check their site.