Few questions about M3 Real

Discussion in 'M3 Adapter' started by nicklessguy, Aug 5, 2008.

Aug 5, 2008
  1. nicklessguy
    OP

Member nicklessguy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    Hi there.

I would like to hear from some people with experience with this cart a few doubts i have, before deciding if i get it or not.

1) Does the inbuilt M3 Real player supports skip? I listen to a lot of livesets with 1 hour+ and skipping rigt away to a part in the middle is a must for me.
    And what about M3 Sakura firmware, does it support it?

2) M3 Real seems to be a bit more speed sensitive on cards (just like supercard one).
    Could you name your SD cards that gives you no problems with fast read demanding games like the Castlevanias and TWEWY?
    Browsing here i saw many different answers, and even people with adatas have this problem sometimes. I dont want reading problems on these games (i play them often) or any future ones.
    How many people here uses a 4gb Kingston Japanese card? Does it runs these games perfectly?

Thanks in advance [​IMG]

2. triple-sevenz

Member triple-sevenz GBAtemp Regular

United States
    1) sakura, u can skip/seek by pressing R+right/left.
    2) dont get the a-data 4gb class 6 micro sdhc card. a lot of people have trouble with this card and m3 real (im one of them). it will not load castlevania dos and twewy will freeze. look into made in japan kingston cards. they play all games perfectly (well all that i kno of).

3. thedicemaster

Member thedicemaster GBAtemp Addict

Netherlands
    1: m3sakura supports it as good as windows media player does(if the file is dpg2 or 3)
    i think default m3 player supports it too but not as fast.

2:hard to say.
    i have a microSD that causes a lot of problems with twewy for others, but for me it runs perfect.
    it's really just luck.

4. 2002120141

Member 2002120141 GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    While the M3 real is worth it, especially the perfect bundle... It does have its set of unique issues. The original m3 real firmware work nicely but feel sluggish and primitive compared to other carts' firmware. And while the m3 sakura manages to fix those things, it again brings a new set of problems such as compat. issues with homebrew and newer commercial games (the current hacked english version anyway). Still waiting for the official m3 sakura english ver. and hoping it comes out complete with service packs sooner than later...

5. nicklessguy
    OP

Member nicklessguy GBAtemp Regular

Brazil
    I think i will wait for official English Sakura to see how it goes and buy it along with a 4gb Kingston jap, then.
    I guess i could just use my failsafe R4 + Kingston 2gb Jap old combo if i have lag/crash problem on a specific game.

Acekard2 is dying on too many people's faces for my taste.
    CycloDS is nice, but i abominate the ideia of having real time save available to me (too much temptation), unless i turn off in-game menu, which disables soft-reset as well, and i like it.
    Supercard DS One seems to be even more picky with card speed than M3 Real is, and the GUI is ugly.

Thanks for the info and opinions.

[​IMG]