Gaming Few questions about DLC / online play.

SiamGats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Hi everyone.

So i hacked my Wii U a few days ago, it now runs with Haxchi Coldboot.

I have three questions :

- i dumped my disc of Smash bros with Disc2app, installed it on the hard drive. Is it ok to download the DLC via Wii U USB helper (new characters, stages etc) and play online? i really find these DLC overpriced, but if i can be banned i will pass.

- i bought Fast Racing Neo a few months ago on eshop. Is it ok to download the DLC (still via Wii U USB helper)? Online doesn't interest me in this game so i will just finish the cups and maybe some time attack.

- i downloaded and installed Splatoon with USB helper and installed it. I suppose it's very risky to play online?

Thanks in advance, have a nice day. :)

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
1 & 2 - Yes, you can grab the DLC and install it without fear of bans, and you can also play online without fears
3 - You can play it online and you won't get any bans (only if you cheat online you'll get one)

SiamGats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand
Thank you for the fast answer !
So i can basically play any game online without risk?
There's no key or serial included in games? Nintendo has no way to detect if the game i'm playing has been legally bought or copied?

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Thank you for the fast answer !
So i can basically play any game online without risk?
There's no key or serial included in games? Nintendo has no way to detect if the game i'm playing has been legally bought or copied?
No there's not any serial (or something like the headers on 3DS cartridges) in Wii U games. Nintendo can't tell the difference between stuff installed with WUPInstaller and legit eShop stuff, so don't worry there

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
There's no key or serial included in games?
It's inherently impossible to put a serial number on a BD-ROM (or DVD or CD) because to make them at industrial speeds, they're stamped in one single plastic-melting action instead of being recorded one at a time

Digital games are too all equal in the software itself, if you compare legal eShop backups from different consoles the only difference is in the ticket (because it includes the console ID; original discs and pirate versions have a console id of "0" which means "for all consoles")

They could compare the eShop server-side licenses with your tickets; but they never did so in the 3+ years title installation has been possible, and hey it's just a WiiU after all ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: For example, one of my other favorite songs from them, with some massive house music influence - +1