Gaming Few PSN account questions.

Un4tural

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Ok so, USA PSN store has WAY cheaper games than EU PSN, i was wondering if i made an USA account, could i use my credit card on it (UK, GPB)? do i need a fake USA address to register?

How much cheaper are the games on USA sony store? ones i am interested in are Lumines at the moment, as it is 30£ here, i don't see it worth more than 15£ really as it isn't much different from PSP version, but of course, sony being sony don't allow me to play PSP version on vita, and my psp is very much busted. So how much is lumines on USA PSN?

Also wipeout? would be interested in F1 as well for the right price...

Psp games? Cladun x2 (15.99£) was awesome would be nice to play it again, Patapon games?(Patapon 1/2 6.99£ each, Patapon 3 16.99£) thats all that i can see that i like on PSN... man there sure aren't a lot of PSP games on there...

Just wondering if its worth the trouble getting an USA account, plus if i'd need to source gift cards to buy games or w/e... it would be quite a pain the in the...

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Stop trying to ruin our economy cheap ass suck it up and pay what you have to pay for the game..
Lol. The prices are way to high in Australia so I went and joined the Japanese PSN and never turned back, don't listen to people who want you to waste alot of money where you can find a bargain.

Make a fake address if you want and get an American credit card or PSN recharge card and buy your games from the US PSN to your hearts content

Reactions: 1 person

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You won't be able to register outside country credit card on PSN, they have a AVS system in place and AVS won't work outside of the PSN's country.

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Or the Euro prices on the EU PSN stores..

And that doesn't only go for the PSN store but almost anything tech-related you can buy, just like Vita itself costs $249/299 in the US which would be 189/227 € but instead it costs 249/299 € (which is $328/394) - so I can very much understand why someone would like to buy at least games a little cheaper.

Setting up an US account is easy but you need an US address. Your UK credit card won't work on the PSN store but you can buy PSN store codes from bestbuy.com (there's a lot of UK based shops, but they are far more pricey, $50 are around £32, most UK shops sell them for £37+) but you HAVE to pay via credit card, as non-US paypal accounts won't work there. You can find the online codes here: http://www.bestbuy.c...cat225000050010 (the first three are physical cards, the last two are the digital codes and the Playstation plus codes are digital as well - you get them quite fast, but be aware that the US is 6-9 hours behind the UK, so if you order something in the morning it will probably take until afternoon for the code to arrive! ^^)

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
Or the Euro prices on the EU PSN stores..

And that doesn't only go for the PSN store but almost anything tech-related you can buy, just like Vita itself costs $249/299 in the US which would be 189/227 € but instead it costs 249/299 € (which is $328/394) - so I can very much understand why someone would like to buy at least games a little cheaper.
Not as bad as AU dude. In the US it was $250/$300 USD which should be around $245/$295 AUD but here it costs $350/$450 AUD which would probably be around $355/$455 USD so sorry but we have it way worse than you dude, if it was cheap as it was in the UK then I would love to be buying from my own country also do you know where one can buy online Japanese PSN recharge cards?

miruki

Trophies
Website
geekouts.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not as bad as AU dude. In the US it was $250/$300 USD which should be around $245/$295 AUD but here it costs $350/$450 AUD which would probably be around $355/$455 USD so sorry but we have it way worse than you dude, if it was cheap as it was in the UK then I would love to be buying from my own country also do you know where one can buy online Japanese PSN recharge cards?
Eww.. sucks even more, you're right. But I think Euro prices are already bad enough, they should definitely do something about this.. I mean... everything you can get over here has the same price tag just with $ in front of the number instead of € at the end.. like, you pay 900€ (ca 1120 AUD) and $900 (ca 850 AUD / 680€) in the US. At least my aunt lives over there, so whenever she gets over here I make some orders to her home before she leaves, so she can take all the stuff over here for me.. XD

Japanese PSN codes are pricey, but there's a few sites who sell them:

http://cardscodes.com/Japan-k75-0-2-default.html (By far the cheapest of the bunch, site belongs to Gameconnect LLC, who seem to be legit - at least they refund you if something goes wrong [I tried ordering a code last week, but they refused my payment since I couldn't use my paypal account and tried paying without signing up, but they do only accept payment from registered paypal users])
http://www.play-asia.com/PlayStation_Network_Card_Ticket_3000_YEN_for_Japanese_network_on/paOS-13-71-zu-49-en-70-3xk5.html
http://nihongoperapera.com/store/buy-japanese-psn-cards.html

Hope these help.. :)

Un4tural

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
how about game prices? say I get the 50$ code, how much is lumines? Patapon games for psp? also wipeout on PSN? could i get lumines+wipeout + some patapons? :)

Allura

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I purchased a PSOne classic game Resident Evil 2 on my PS3 a long time ago. If I use the same PSN account on my vita will the download of Res Evil 2 be free for my Vita or must I pay again?

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased a PSOne classic game Resident Evil 2 on my PS3 a long time ago. If I use the same PSN account on my vita will the download of Res Evil 2 be free for my Vita or must I pay again?

free

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Free.

Here is the best part, you can transfer save file in between so you can play at home and pick up where you left off while on the go. If you have PS+ subscription it'll upload save file online. If not simply transfer it to/from PS3 using USB cable.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    the vram is one advantage when it comes to AI but ends up being slower even with that and really AI is the only use case that needs more than 12gb vram right now
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Interesting lol
    I think I watched a video where two games at 4K where eating just over 16GB of RAM and it's the one case where the 7900XT and XTX pulled ahead (minus RTX of course)
    So my opinion is that they could age a bit better in the future, and maybe AMD will continue improving them via drivers like they tend to do. No guarantee there but they have done it in the past. Just a feeling I have.
    cyberpunk at 4k without DLSS/fidelityfx *might* exceed 12gb
    +1
    but that game barely runs at native 4k
    I think it was some newer games and probably poorly optimized PS4 or PS5 ports
    they definitely will age better but i feel dlss might outweigh that since it looks about as good as native resolution and much less demanding
    +1
    When I played Cyberpunk on my old 2080 Ti it sucked lol
    AMD could introduce something comparable to DLSS but nvidia's got a lot more experience with that
    least amd 7xxx has tensor cores which the previous generations didn't so there is the potential for AI upscaling
    They have FSR or whatever it's called and yeah it's still not great
    so AMD seem to finally be starting to take AI seriously
    Oh yeah those new 8000 CPUs have AI cores built in that's interesting
    Maybe they plan on offloading to the CPU?
    Would be kinda cool to have the CPU and GPU working in random more
    Tandem even
    i think i heard of that, it's a good idea, shouldn't need a dedicated GPU just to run a LLM or video upscaling
    even the nvidia shield tv has AI video upscaling
    LLMs can be run on cpu anyway but it's quite slow
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Have you ever been beaten by a wet spaghetti noodle by your girlfriend because she has a twin sister, and you got confused and fucked her dad?
    I had a girlfriend who had a twin sister and they would mess with me constantly.... Until one chipped a tooth then finally I could tell them apart.... Lol
    They would have the same hair style the same clothes everything... Really messed with my head lol
    @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to maybe close the gap a bit with Nvidia. Plus it would kinda put Nvidia at a future disadvantage since Nvidia can't make X86/64 CPUs? Intel and AMD licensing issues... I wonder how much that has held back innovation.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @The Real Jdbye, I could see AMD trying to pull off the CPU GPU tandem thing, would be a way to...