Ferrari Challenge Deluxe - No Wheel Support

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by GhostHawk666, Aug 10, 2009.

Aug 10, 2009
  1. GhostHawk666
    OP

Newcomer GhostHawk666 Member

United States
    I was very disappointed by the original release of Ferrari Challenge because contrary to what the developer said on their Web site, there is NO support for steering wheel/Pedal combos. The game simply would not recognize the GameCube connected wheels. So.... They come out with this new Deluxe version and state " Finally - Support added for the official Ferrari Steering Wheel on the Wii" Vendor's Claims Here. This is still not true! The new "Deluxe" version is so controller crazy that it even bitches about my wireless controller modules being plugged in. The screen goes black if ANYTHING is plugged into the GameCube controller ports with the message "Unsupported Controller, Please unplug it". Considering I own 2 "Official Ferrari Steering Wheels" Thrustmaster Official Ferrari Wheel for the Wii I would suppose the game would work since they finally now support it in the 2nd release. What is going on here? More lies from developers or are they talking about some other "Official Ferrari" Wheel?

2. antonkan

Member antonkan GBAtemp Maniac

Canada
    Well, a developer of this game says that there will be no wheel support. Why not you just use your Wii Remote and a Wii Wheel?

3. GhostHawk666
    OP

United States
    I hate driving games with the Wiimote because the gas and brake (Buttons 1 and 2) are on/off switches so you have very little control over your acceleration. Not to mention how horrible it is playing with a manual transmission e.g. impossible. I don't know why the NFS series ALWAYS supports GameCube compatible controllers and wheels but here we have what was touted as the "Greatest Racing Game for the Wii" but it is mortally crippled like this. I will avoid any System3 titles from this point forward. They obviously don't have the programming chops to code a good game!

4. GhostHawk666
    OP

United States
    I actually got a reply back from System3 (Developers) about this. They said it was a misprint on their website and are changing the verbiage now to say that steering wheels are only available to the PS3 version. Case closed!