Gaming Females playing as the main character.

MegamanSPX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What's your opinion on games with a female as the main character?

Don't you think developers make these games just to give horny teens some fanservice?

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
MegamanSPX said:

Don't you think developers make these games just to give horny teens some fanservice?
I think thier need to be more "realistic" girls in videogames. Girls that real girls can relate to.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
MegamanSPX said:

In some cases.. yes.. but mostly not. If a female is more appropriated for the main character, I don't see why they shouldn't use.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ferrariman said:
MegamanSPX said:

I think thier need to be more "realistic" girls in videogames. Girls that real girls can relate to.
Well all know its girls who play as athletic strong red-headed magical hot almost-naked super heroines.
rolleyes.gif

mastermanna123

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
What about the new upcoming Tales of Symphonia 2?
I'm pretty sure you have to play as a girl in that game...

I like ToS cause you had a kid with dual wield swords. But now you have to play as a girl?
In a lot of games I see, girls are usually the backup, with weapons like: arrows, staffs, rods, magic, and the occasional huge chested, half naked ones with swords.

MegamanSPX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
CockroachMan said:
MegamanSPX said:

In some cases.. yes.. but mostly not. If a female is more appropriated for the main character, I don't see why they shouldn't use.

In some cases yes but it happens most of the time. Look at CastlevaniaOOE and the main char. Dressed skimpily with her ass almost showing. Could have been better if it was a Belmont or Alucard. Where are the good old days when games are all about rescuing princesses?

WildWon

EXTERMINATE!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think more people need to SCRIPT out games in which players control a heroine that fits perfectly into the character. Usually, its a generic game w/ a chick dropped in for hotness factor.

Thats why i can't wait for Mirror's Edge. Well, that, and i get a huge boner for anything Parkour
tongue.gif

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
MegamanSPX said:

wtf.gif
ah dere are games laik that??

its totally gay.

unless its lara croft with high-res boobs but the DS isn't really known for its great graphics.

Balrogs.Pain

Trophies
XP
Country
I dont mind, as long as it doesnt seem too out of place. . .

Like imagine Contra 4 with a girl as a main character. Not really do-able.
Now imagine contra 4 with a ripped girl as a main character. Fits in, but is a horrible horrible idea.

nin10do

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
ferrariman said:
I think thier need to be more "realistic" girls in videogames.

WHAT?? why would ANYONE want that.

besides girls don't like games where the lead characters a ninja or on the swat team. let them have their rainbows and ponies...
http://uk.gamespot.com/ds/puzzle/ponyfriends/index.html
i rest my case.

(if by realistic you mean bigger boobs thats alright though
laugh.gif
lol)

Carnivean

STARMAN
Trophies
XP
Country
They're fine as long as it's done well and it's not just a bland 'LOLIHASTITS' personality. People who think it's lame or 'gay' are either sexists or (more likely) insecure twelve year olds because all the older kids call them a 'faggot'.

beautifulbeast

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I don't see why this question keeps coming up in gaming sites, since there are a lot more male ultra-hot characters than female. Take for example Snake (MSG), Alucard, Teenage Link, Dante and Nero, the Prince of Persia, Kilik (SC)... the list is really long.
I think games in general need better scripts but as for women being treated as mere objects, I'm not so sure.

Ducky

QUACKJECTION!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Iceland
To be honest.. Girls are not tools.. their a MOTIVE.

If girls wont be hot in video games , the main char wont love and rescue them - MOTIVE

Why do you think people actually build bridges and climb mountains.. they dont really want.. Its only to impress a girl! - MOTIVE

Why do you think people waste their life on WoW? .. .... Nevermind I even cant answer that..

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You know, tons of females play DS in Japan unlike the lame US where tons of them Myspace themselves.
It's more or less prejudice though when they do have female PCs instead. Since, like in games like Summon Night, the guy get's the sword. He's tough and manly. The girl get's a wand, and is weak and a bit frail. There needs to be more games where the girls aren't there to be overly used as a sex icon or something.

inb4rumblerose

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I'm completely supportive of games with females as the lead. But in all actuallit, I never really notice those things. I don't think the characters gender plays any importance to the greatness of the game.

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
MegamanSPX said:
In some cases yes but it happens most of the time. Look at CastlevaniaOOE and the main char. Dressed skimpily with her ass almost showing. Could have been better if it was a Belmont or Alucard. Where are the good old days when games are all about rescuing princesses?
Umm...what? Shanoa shows a little bit of one thigh and her back for those tattoos/glyphs. You must be thinking of some other game because Charlotte wasn't even dressed skimpily. Most of the time I think it's not even the female leads that are dressed skimpily, unless the game is mainly targeting males by using skimpy clothing.

HeatMan Advance

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Balrogs.Pain said:
I dont mind, as long as it doesnt seem too out of place. . .

Like imagine Contra 4 with a girl as a main character. Not really do-able.
Now imagine contra 4 with a ripped girl as a main character. Fits in, but is a horrible horrible idea.

Contra 4 had a girl and she worked fine...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/2UeWMgjwogU?si=PfULn0Jf4XpnU6M_ Now I know how to install m.2