SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, there've been times, potentially, if you're into the kinds of dumb things I'm into, where you've wanted some way to simulate conversations from Fire Emblem: If on your desktop. Or not. Either way, now you can:

q43u4Q7.png

Download: Mega

Code's available on my Github.

A Usage Reference Guide's available here: here.

You should be able to copy/paste in any conversation extracted by FEAT and have it work perfectly fine.

Click on the image to save it, right click to save the entire conversation.

Have fun!

v1.1 Changelog:

FEITS v1.1 (08-20-2015)

-Added support for more DLC characters.

-Added support for Kamui facial features and accessories.

-Added a Background feature for conversations (the in-game Supports barrack is the default).

-Added an icon to the program.

-FEITS now grays out the inactive character for game accuracy.

-FEITS now enforces game-accurate text cropping (characters get cut-off if the line goes too long).

-Fixed a bug involving Velour not showing up properly.

-Fixed a bug involving Kamui "bu" closeup portraits in the simulator (Portrait Generator was unaffected).

-Fixed a bug involving the "Previous" button functioning incorrectly.

-Further improvements to overall system stability, system security, and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Last edited by SciresM,

medoli900

Open the Benzenes;Gate
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Thank you. It will be very useful for... Science! Yes, that's it, I am sure of it, science...

I would like to just point out that if the code is really badly made (or that have some $%& character in conversation), the program will freeze. So we can't "swear" by putting random character.

Reactions: nxwing

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Thank you. It will be very useful for... Science! Yes, that's it, I am sure of it, science...

I would like to just point out that if the code is really badly made (or that have some $%& character in conversation), the program will freeze. So we can't "swear" by putting random character.
I admit, I just felt bad for an ignored homebrew. :P

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So, there've been times, potentially, if you're into the kinds of dumb things I'm into, where you've wanted some way to simulate conversations from Fire Emblem: If on your desktop. Or not. Either way, now you can:

q43u4Q7.png

Download: Mega

Code's available on my Github.

A Usage Reference Guide's available here: here.

You should be able to copy/paste in any conversation extracted by FEAT and have it work perfectly fine.

Click on the image to save it, right click to save the entire conversation.

Have fun!

I might borrow parts of that code for a WYSIWYG Text Editor for my Decode Project. Great stuff, although ridiculously huge, but I get it it's because of all those faces.

SciresM

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just released an update for FEITS. Fixes some bugs and adds some new features.

Changelog:

FEITS v1.1 (08-20-2015)

-Added support for more DLC characters.

-Added support for Kamui facial features and accessories.

-Added a Background feature for conversations (the in-game Supports barrack is the default).

-Added an icon to the program.

-FEITS now grays out the inactive character for game accuracy.

-FEITS now enforces game-accurate text cropping (characters get cut-off if the line goes too long).

-Fixed a bug involving Velour not showing up properly.

-Fixed a bug involving Kamui "bu" closeup portraits in the simulator (Portrait Generator was unaffected).

-Fixed a bug involving the "Previous" button functioning incorrectly.

-Further improvements to overall system stability, system security, and other minor adjustments have been made to enhance the user experience.

Reactions: Deleted User

NCDyson

Hello Boys...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've always wondered why we don't see more stuff like this made public in translation projects...

I might borrow parts of that code for a WYSIWYG Text Editor for my Decode Project. Great stuff, although ridiculously huge, but I get it it's because of all those faces.
I'm super hyped for decode. I have like half of a WYSIWYG editor for Digimon Adventure for the PSP, but mainly because I wanted to do a hack to make Adventure 02...

Blue Sun

Trophies
Website
bluesunstudios.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
This is just a masterpiece of work. I'm having so much fun with it, although I do have some requests for the next update.
• I really want to be able to have two different Avatars talk to each other (as of right now it's only the same one). One example could be two of the same Avatar but one has a scar, and another example could be a male and a female Avatar talking to each other. Maybe the Avatar could be coded the same way as Kanna, or maybe the Avatar could be coded in a similar way like how the hair color (L) and hair color (R) are coded. Have one for one Avatar1, and have the other for Avatar2.
• The names you type in for the $Ws cause the character in the $Wm to be greyed out if it's not the same and the name is displayed on the left side even if the character themselves in on the right side. Is this a bug? I kind of want to use the English names for some of the characters.
• More background choices from the game if possible?
• A female Avatar's hair accessories don't line up with how they are in the game.
• Gazzak's name is still in Japanese.
I'd like if these were put into the next update, but if not then oh well. I'm still really glad that you made something like this. The fanbase is really going to have loads of fun with this.

Last edited by Blue Sun,

Blue Sun

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
Hm, there seem to be a few missing sprites for Laslow, namely his wink and surprised sprites.
They're in there. I just checked with the portrait generator and I remember using those expressions in some things before. It just hasn't been updated since the last version. Honestly, right now I'm considering switching to Adobe Photoshop CC or GIMP, but I can't afford Photoshop right now and GIMP seems to be really difficult to use. I'd stick with this but there's plenty I can't do with it.

JearBear10994

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Elaborate.
What I'm seeing is that you need specific lines of text in order to have the character portraits. If that is right, then how to i get these lines of text? If I am wrong then please tell me how to use different character portraits.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.png
    Screenshot_1.png
    2.5 KB · Views: 614

Blue Sun

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
What I'm seeing is that you need specific lines of text in order to have the character portraits. If that is right, then how to i get these lines of text? If I am wrong then please tell me how to use different character portraits.
i second that^
Where it says "$Wm" that determines what portrait should be used. "$t1" doesn't really matter, but if you want a portrait to show up you need to write the line like this: "$Wm(Japanese character name goes here for the portrait)|3$w0(left side for the portrait) or 7$w0(right side for the portrait)|$Ws(Japanese character name goes here for the displayed name)|$Wa$E(Japanese text for emotion then sweat and/or blush goes here)|Dialogue goes here".
"\n" goes before text to send text to the bottom of the dialogue bar, and "$k$p" goes before anything else to make it show up in the next dialogue bar. It also lets you switch from one character to the next. I know that there's a tutorial that explains it better, but I'll upload it for anyone still confused.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bzy2XphR3qf9MFJxRXlrZ3J2M1k/view?usp=sharing

I can't read your posts at all on the dark theme without highlighting text.
Sorry about that. It's a force of habit.

And what are homebrew devs against?
Elaborate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.