Feels like some are using Coronavirus as an excuse to stay at home or close shop temporarily

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 4,841
  • Replies 48
  • Likes 1

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I feel like the people who downplay this don't realize that there's an entire world around them.
While there are some they seem to be fewer in number. The question is usually is the payout worth the cost? It is a question that is asked for essentially each and every action and decision, especially big ones, and here the cost is far from zero in the short and (most likely) long term.
Equally what is being asked is not necessarily what would be asked if it got properly crazy, and while I could believe fumbling the ball accounted for the slow as sin timeline if it were a truly fun one, with the massive variability in responses from what are similar countries (geography, logistics, economy, planning, population genetics/age/health, medicinal approaches and so forth) also serving to paint it as less serious than some hold it to be.

Reactions: Ryccardo

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is the will of a few worth effecting the will of many? People's livelihoods are being effected just so we can maybe save the old and immune-compromised. People who will die if they catch ANY flu. Also people just die, even more so in stressful situations. Causing this panic is going to cause those with mental health issues to die with increased panic attacks and suicide. This is a waste of time and money.

There are no more people than usual dying in Europe right now. It's just people finally seeing that people die.
https://www.euromomo.eu/
If people panic, that's their fault. No one's telling them to panic. All the government is saying is to avoid other people for a couple months. Is that really such a big deal?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If people panic, that's their fault. No one's telling them to panic./QUOTE]
Yet if it can be caused reliably, predictably and whatever else then taking steps that cause it for no good reason is generally viewed as bad.

Now while the law surrounding it is not so clear cut it is the fire in a crowded theatre principle, why you will be slapped hard if your emergency signs mislead people (or are not present). Why psychiatry types have to be very careful in what they do and so on and so on.

vinstage

sweg
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, North
another thing i'm fed up of is comparing the corona to the flu statistics.
it's just extremely ignorant due to the mass increase and fluxuating numbers corona is producing

bruh.

Reactions: Seriel

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
If people panic, that's their fault. No one's telling them to panic. All the government is saying is to avoid other people for a couple months. Is that really such a big deal?
People are going to panic, it's human nature. All Governments of the world have done a terrible job of this. Many people's quality of life is going to be effected by stress and the economy. The world didn't stop back in 1918 due to Spanish Flu the world should not be stopping for a new strain of Covid virus. We are always going to have new flu.

(make sure to turn English captions on)

mixelpixx

hardware monkey
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your "personal freedoms" can suck my dick. You are welcome to come to Columbus with me where i will setup 500 ICU beds for people to die in. Everyone of you irresponsible cunts will fucking hang after this. Learn to science or learn to swing from a rope, your freedom ends at the end of your nose..

Reactions: lordkaos

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Your "personal freedoms" can suck my dick. You are welcome to come to Columbus with me where i will setup 500 ICU beds for people to die in. Everyone of you irresponsible cunts will fucking hang after this. Learn to science or learn to swing from a rope, your freedom ends at the end of your nose..
What a "self insert".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0