1. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    well he did so because he finds it complicated and i'm just saying it is as easy as it gets and he wants people to talk him out of it.

thorasgar likes this.
  2. AlfretXX

AlfretXX Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United Kingdom
    Please explain

3. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    Go to the Xbins faq (Don't think i can link it here but just google it) and they'll explain to you how to use xbins and then download the latest update and and put it on the SD card and use choidujournx to install it. It's that simple

4. bundat

bundat ¿

Antarctica
    @kumikochan
    I guess the advantage with the method I am using is that I "officially" updated visibly on Nintendo's servers. And since I made a 5.1 NAND backup after updating (and I restored a clean 4.1 NAND backup before updating, and I've never gone online since that backup was made), I will have no "questionable gaps" in my logs (such as magically updating FW without having a logged "upgrade request" on Nin's servers).

So I MIGHT still be able to be safely go back online (yes, I know the best option for that is STILL to never hack, but for a hacked Switch, this is as safe as it gets, banwise)

[EDIT: actually I'm wrong with the "magically updating" thing since FW updates do come with some carts... but I didn't need a homebrew to update, so my NAND is still "relatively clean" in comparison]

But then OP said they don't care about online, and they've been using SX pro for quite a while, so I guess it isn't applicable here.

Last edited by bundat, Aug 15, 2018
  5. BlastedGuy9905

BlastedGuy9905 where's the updated autopsy report

United States
    Honestly, why would you update? Just wait for Deja Vu, in my opinion.

6. Kafluke

Kafluke GBAtemp Guru

United States
    I updated too. Less hassle. If/when another solution comes out then ill just buy one on a lower firmware from a pawn shop or ebay. Just like back in the xbox360 days. Finding them in pawn shops was half the fun.

comput3rus3r and CrAzYLiFe like this.
  7. Thandor

OP Thandor GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    Yes, that was exactly what I was thinking!

As I said in first post, there are a lot of games and updates that require 5.x.x that I want to play/use.

comput3rus3r likes this.
  8. invwar

invwar Member
    Newcomer

Singapore
    Personally I have my hopes that with the release of Atmosphere we will have more information if we should update or not. If there will be no real benefit of staying low after the release, I will just do the update.
    But yeah, 6.0 will come, I would expect with the release of Nintendo Online, so I expect the new FW to arrive in roughly one month.

9. olku

olku Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Estonia
    Just update to 5.1 and have Trinket m0 internally installed, with this you can coldboot to CFW, no more jigs and manually pushing payloads. Imo it's the best method, software coldboot exploit will never be possible and the next best thing, the untethered warmoot is not released.

Last edited by olku, Aug 15, 2018
  10. Thandor

OP Thandor GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I just made up my mind - I just used the official way to update to 5.1 and I don't want to look back now. :lol:

comput3rus3r likes this.
  11. Max128

Max128 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    Great! This is fine. anyway only a warmboot will get out one day with a website.. and as others said, it's not going faster than this, and maybe bugged sometimes. The only like coolboot for now is the trinket M0.

12. Random Joe

Random Joe GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Didn't realize I was waiting around for a browser exploit. WTF

877 and comput3rus3r like this.
  13. 877

877 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    Wow is this true?
    Seems quicker to inject via dongle.

14. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    isn't it a bit presumptuous that cfw will never be installable above 4.1?

15. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Advanced Fan

FFS dude, put your 'big boy' pants on. If you want to update - do it and stop being a pussy & expecting other people to decide for you - man up!

16. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Guru

United States
    yeah, I updated as well. I had a switch that came with 4.1, but I couldn't access the eshop without updating. I had bought the xenoblade chronicles 2 dlc at best buy too which I couldn't redeem otherwise. I was sitting on that one for like a month.

17. 877

877 GBAtemp Regular

United Kingdom
    He’s wearing his big boy pants already
    [​IMG]

Last edited by 877, Aug 17, 2018
  18. longgt

longgt Advanced Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I can feel that too, OP. I have one with 3.0.0, really want to update to 5.1.0 right now for Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Octopath Traveler... ChoiDujour method seems complicated and take time for someone like me :(
    Although i don't have much time to play these game right now, its kinda feel missing out without them installed.
    At least i have BOTW to keep myself busy (maybe for a few weeks because i only have time to play 1 hour a day) ^_^

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Feeling, update, User)