empee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, gents.

Picked up a black Wii today (4.2U) and was excited to get started with the hacks. Ran HackMii, got the Homebrew Channel loaded, installed BootMii as an IOS, backed up my NAND.

Next step was going to be installing PriiLoader so I have some measure of brick protection -- I know BootMii in boot2 is the best, but obviously that isn't an option -- but that's where I'm having issues.

Following the Complete Softmod Guide, I got to reintroducing the Trucha bug by downloading IOS36 v3351 through the NUS Downloader. Ran IOS236 Installer, which seems to have patched everything successfully. No error messages that I could see.

However, when I go to install PriiLoader, here's what I get:

"ES_Identify failed, error 429496679. IOS61 not patched with ES_DIVerify?"

Reran IOS236 Installer and repatched successfully. Checked DOP-Mii's system analysis and found that though IOS36 v3351 had installed, it's not fakesigned.

What gives here? All I want to do is get PriiLoader installed for some hacks and brick protection and make sure I can run a USB loader so I can play backups of my old, scratched up games. Am I even doing the right thing?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

empee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's something I just noticed:

When I run the PriiLoader installer, the text in the upper left corner reads "IOS61 rev 5405."

In this guide I found, it says "IOS36 rev 65535" (screenshot: http://bit.ly/bJjrHK). Is that some sort of hint as to what's going on? Why's it using IOS61 on my Wii?

manvslife12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1st sorry my english too bad
I found this for you
Code:
http://gbatemp.net/t249491-priiloader-and-ios58-problem
http://gbatemp.net/t249424-using-preloader?st=0&p=3060244

I hope it work for you
wink.gif
. Last week i have this problem, and the way i did is repatched ios36. and load it in MMM and -> app -> priiloader -> it ok.

75UR15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One, installing IOS236 (36 patched) installer will not change anything in IOS36, it takes the original IOS36 and modifies it, then installs the modified version in the slot 236, the 36 slot remains untouched. If you want a text only laymens term for how to install priiloader on 4.2 I most like my guide (which is specific to 4.2 and uses the most compatible cIOS I have tried) which can be found here. It tells you not only what to do, but what each part is for.
The main stickied guide for the site would also work, just check above your post to find that one.
I would recommend not using the cIOS it installs with that guide, r17 (what my guide uses) is 100% wad friendly, installs a maxed version to slot 250 (just in case) and thus far hasn't caused me a single problem. r20 (sticky guide) is not wad friendly (gives another option in 250 instead though) and doesn't max version number on either slot (which limits ability to let ninty install over it if you lose your mind and update). Either of course is personal preference.

empee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the responses.

manvslife12: Thanks for the links. I'll check them out if 75UR15's instructions don't work. I think his guide is the closest to my situation.

75UR15: Looks great. I'll have to give it a shot when I get home from the office today.

Out of curiosity, do you know if restoring a NAND backup from a PriiLoader -> BootMii IOS boot is safe? I'm seeing a lot of conflicting reports and I'd like to get your feedback since you're knowledgeable.

Thanks again!

empee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
6) Use the TBR (Trucha Bug Restorer) (run via the homebrew channel, most everything at this point is run from HBC, it also pauses before it loads, you have to wait for it to say hit 1 to load app) to first downgrade your IOS15 (if you downloaded the files via nus already and have them on your sd card root, choose Load IOS from sd card, otherwise choose Download IOS from NUS in the installer). The wii will restart, load the TBR again, and when it asks where to load, choose IOS 15 (first screen) then choose patch IOS36, put 3 patches on it (Trucha/Es_ident/Nand Permission)

Confused here. Your guide's link to the TBR is dead, so I found it elsewhere (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=165489). When I launch TBR, it asks me which IOS to load, with a default of IOS36. Is this where I select IOS15 ("first screen")? I didn't have to press 1 to load the application, so am I using the wrong version? My Wii also didn't restart after I launched it. Very hesitant to move forward.

The upper-right corner reads "IOS61 rev 5405," if that's of any help.

empee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From the TBR page on WiiBrew:

QUOTE said:
This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.
15:04, 14 August 2010 Dhewg (Talk | contribs) deleted "Trucha Bug Restorer" ? (deprecated, and the idea of this tool is already redonkulous)

Guessing there's some reason that I shouldn't be using this...?

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
This is an excerpt from one of ModMii's custom guides. This will help u install Priiloader.

If u run into any other problems with anything else, I suggest u use ModMii as it will likely lead to the simplest/fastest solution.

Code:
#) INSTALL PRIILOADER

Launch Multi-Mod Manager (MMM) via the Homebrew Channel

Note: IOS236 should be loaded automatically.
If it isn't, select "Load another IOS" and select IOS236
(or any IOS you know is patched).

In Multi-Manager Mod's main menu, go down to select "App Manager",
Then select the "Priiloader installer".
After the Priiloader Installer loads, press + to install it using the loaded IOS.

Priiloader may give the following two 'yellow' errors. These are expected and are not an issue.
loader.ini couldn't delete error -106 
password.txt couldn't delete error -106 

After successfully installing Priiloader, access it by powering off the wii,
then powering it back and holding reset while it's booting until you see the Priiloader menu.

You should install some system menu hacks now (by going to System Menu hacks option).

RECOMMENDED HACKS: Block Disc Updates, Block Online Updates, Replace Health Screen, Auto-Press A at Health Screen, Disable Deletion of some important channels, Region-Free Everything, remove no copy save file protection, and Move Disc Channel.

The priiloader menu is white by default, you can change it to black in the Priiloader settings if you prefer.

One of the special functions of Priiloader is that it can autoboot any app/file instead of the system menu. Some apps (like crazyIntro) can't be used without it.
For details on how to do so, visit http://www.completesoftmodguide.tk/system-hacks/priiloader

empee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got PriiLoader installed via MMM, but if I'm following what's going on, now I have PriiLoader but no Trucha bug, which means no USB backups or emulators, correct?

I was able to get the IOS249/250 stubs uninstalled through IOS236, but I don't know what's going on now or what I need to do or have done.

borissaid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the usb loading you'll need one, or all, of these cios's 222,223,224,249,250 - depending on what loader you use and what games you are trying to play. You should be able to install either using their respective installers and selecting ios236 as the ios to load when doing the installation.

Hozu

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
empee said:
Got PriiLoader installed via MMM, but if I'm following what's going on, now I have PriiLoader but no Trucha bug, which means no USB backups or emulators, correct?
Your IOS 236 has it but it's not needed as the above poster said
QUOTEI was able to get the IOS249/250 stubs uninstalled through IOS236, but I don't know what's going on now or what I need to do or have done.
You need to find an installer for cIOS rev 20b and use it to install 249/250. It will ask you which base IOS to use/modify and then which slot to install it in. I hear using 56 as the base works the best but I don't know the difference. Most apps that require a cIOS run off of 249 by default but they can usually be changed.

empee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, you guys are the Straight Up Real Deal.

It's the end of the day and I'm hanging out in USB Loader GX after installing a patched IOS56 to IOS249 via IOS236. Anyway, I think that's the correct terminology. It's working.

I'm sure I'll break something else, but this is a great place to be. Thanks to everyone for the help.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need to find an installer for cIOS rev 20b and use it to install 249/250. It will ask you which base IOS to use/modify and then which slot to install it in. I hear using 56 as the base works the best but I don't know the difference. Most apps that require a cIOS run off of 249 by default but they can usually be changed.
Is it now? I thought the big deal with IOS58 was the addition of full-speed USB 2.0. Why wouldn't THAT be the best?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Morning