feedbacks on R4

Discussion in 'R4 DS' started by saosin_demo, Mar 5, 2007.

Mar 5, 2007

feedbacks on R4 by saosin_demo at 12:25 AM (1,160 Views / 0 Likes) 7 replies

1. saosin_demo
    OP

Newcomer saosin_demo Member

Philippines
    ei

what r ur feedbacks on R4? i am planning to buy one. but am having second thoughts. the reviews say that m3simply and r4 r just the same.

2. Harsky

Member Harsky Madmin

United Kingdom
    It IS just the same. I mentioned this before but I'll mention it again. I bought an R4 and I was lucky that it was the version where you could do a quick mod to change it to an M3. But I liked the R4 as it is so I see no point in modding it unless support for the R4 dies out and the M3 version gets updates.

In short, flip a coin. They're both good.

3. thegame07

Member thegame07 GBAtemp Psycho!

United Kingdom
    i think there should be a r4 and m3 simply topic stickyed because nearly everyday someone posts a topic asking the same question :'( they are the same thing pick either.

4. GameGeezer

Member GameGeezer GBAtemp Regular

United States
    The R4 is works well for playing almost all NDS games and most homebrew games. It has been well supported by it's manufacturer so far through software updates and product support. It doesn't play GBA games. It is a small device that uses MicroSD cards as memory and thus is fairly fragile and care needs to be taken when loading and unloading cards. Some people have complained of the spring mechanism for holding MicroSD's failing. I haven't had this problem but I'm sure if that if you are not careful loading the cards that eventually the loader will fail.

I have no complaints so far. It functions well and I've seen pricing as low as $35.00 USD shipped for this product.

5. Farami9

Member Farami9 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    either way mate they will both be supported as they both have a larger base of users and both are the same product which works extremely well / great....

6. saosin_demo
    OP

Newcomer saosin_demo Member

Philippines
    ok. i get it. they r just the same. i thought one may be better than the other. tnx

7. Dorkboy

Newcomer Dorkboy Member

Sweden
    People rarely read stickies or FAQ's anyway :P

But yeah, pick either, I went for an R4 and haven't had any regrets yet. :)

8. WiiDSbold

Newcomer WiiDSbold Member

dont you think that a search would have brought up something? just starting threads right away even if theres a nearly identical one just a few lines away only spams the board...

and yeah it was an open secret right from the start that m3simply and R4DS are born as clones - remember?... the force is with the clones so just buy one and be happy [​IMG]