dark ajax

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, recently I started working in Fedex Customer Service, answering the phone for US customers and all that, so the thing is, I've never used Fedex before, and I would like to know anyones opinion on it, I've gotten mostly normal calls, but some people calls really mad and yells you and everything, and of course some make racist comments when they ask you where you are and the answer is Mexico...
So anyways I would like to know, what can you guys tell me about it???

Rogue_Ninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive worked with Fed-Ex while working for an online wholesale hobby shop and fed ex had good customer service and was alot easier to deal with than UPS.

As far as the racist remarks, your gonna get that whatever job you do. Some people are just ignorant and only know how to put people down. Just keep your head up and keep earning your living.

dark ajax

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Rogue_Ninja said:
Ive worked with Fed-Ex while working for an online wholesale hobby shop and fed ex had good customer service and was alot easier to deal with than UPS.

As far as the racist remarks, your gonna get that whatever job you do. Some people are just ignorant and only know how to put people down. Just keep your head up and keep earning your living.

You're right, actually i got a call yesterday form a man in alabama, and he was curious where were we located, so i told him mexico, and he said it was interesting, and started speaking in spanish to me, (i had to put my phone on mute to LOL, no because his spanish was bad, but because that was really unexpected) he had good spanish, and that made me smile...

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alot of people dont like them outsourcing their work to other countries, so they can hire people at like a quarter of the pay for longer hours, but really pretty much every company does it now

zuron7 said:
It's the world's best courier service.But nowadays Bluedart seems to surpassing it due to unknown reasons.
never heard of them

USPS, UPS, Fed-Ex, and what ever if left of DHL

coolbho3000

GBATemp Kikkoman Naturally Brewed SoySauce Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
In the US, they rank above UPS and USPS as more reliable and safer... I am not sure about DHL, but DHL got me my replacement Acekards in two days from China (but that might just be the Acekard team being awesome and using the most expensive shipping).

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
coolbho3000 said:
In the US, they rank above UPS and USPS as more reliable and safer...
Really? When I get stuff from FedEx its always broken or poorly packaged.
Does DHL still exist? I havent heard about them in ages.

DCG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I once ordered trough fedex, the pakkage took 1-2 days to arive in holland (unfortunately the costums got hold of it and hold it a week .......)

and DHL, I see a truck of them daily, I live in a industreal area (fine place to live, only a couple of buisneses are anoying one of which uses the DHL service
tongue.gif
) but I also see UPS, I like their vehicles better becaus the look strudier.

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also prefer Fedex, the price premium is worth the security and reliability for me.

Long-winded anti-UPS rant enclosed..
But I hold an eternal grudge against UPS. I've had two infuriating incidents with UPS.

1st - When I was younger I preferred bartering to exchanging money, and a friend in Canada was doing some php & mySQL framework for a commercial website I was working on. The bulk of what I owed him was going to be covered by sending him a decent desktop PC that I didn't need to hang on to. I made sure everything in the mini-tower was secured, and I packed it pretty carefully. I had shipped assembled computers before without problem so I didn't even think of disassembling it first. When the package arrived at my friend's doorstep in Canada, he was told they were holding the thing hostage until he paid a CDN$50 duty. He told them he couldn't pay it and I was pretty pissed about the duty which came without warning and I had declared the system as a gift. Since he couldn't pay the duty they return-shipped the box to me via UPS ground at my expense. I was really patient but the staff at the UPS store firmly demanded I pay up the return shipping cost before giving it back. I did, and when I unpacked the tower, its innards were pretty much destroyed. Now, I'm a very patient and mostly forgiving person, but the manager of that UPS store assured me I was SOL because I hadn't insured it; their liability only extended to something like USD$50 which wasn't even enough to cover the doubled shipping cost.
2nd - a few years ago, I needed to borrow money from my dad to pay a medical bill. over previous years he had sent me money in cash ranging from $250 to $600, without issue. but this time, he sent $1500 in 100's. it was all thoroughly concealed in layers of magazines, printed essays, greeting cards, in an envelope within an envelope inside the stiff UPS document mailer. I only live 5 hours away from him, but he chose overnight shipping anyway. He hadn't told me how much money he was sending until after I received a slashed and tape-resealed document mailer full of everything he sent me, minus the 1.5 grand. I know I cried, and I suspect my dad was equally upset. It said right on the mailer's disclaimer "do not send currency". Regardless of my dad not heeding or noticing the disclaimer, their employees had no right to tamper with the package, and apparently at least one of their employees feel that their policy on sending currency gives them the irrefutable right to rob people that make the mistake of doing so anyway. Again I was told, in so many words, that I was SOL - but this time they had zero liability, so it was definitely entirely my dad's fault from their perspective. That is pretty much the only time in my life I have ever felt truly violent hatred.

- end rant -

hunnymonster

Trophies
XP
Country
I despise all of the courier companies here with more or less equal venom. Sure I live in the sticks, they know where the sticks is but continue to accept "next day before 7.30am" packages for places where their van doesn't appear until noon at the earliest. Consequently I get a lot of shipping fees repaid.

Don't employ drivers who lie about carding (because you were out, when in fact you were in all the while).

Don't employ drivers not being able to find the address on Tuesday, despite the same driver being at the address on the Monday picking up an item.

Don't employ drivers who cannot read special delivery instructions - like "if lost call me at 555-1111".

Do Make your drivers carry change because there's no way of predicting accurately the customs fees plus your own variable addons - they like to say "I'm not a bank" well here's some news, neither am I. They don't accept cheques (in case they bounce) or credit cards. This is why I will pay your driver in the largest number of coins possible, it's also why I want a receipt for it.

Don't come the bullshit about the cost of clearing items through customs - no way does it cost £15+ to do that (nor does the cost of clearing items go up as a percentage of it's value, it's the same number of button presses on your calculator) - I remember when you could do it yourself here, you got a card from the customs telling you what you had to pay (and how it was calculated), you paid it at the Post Office (for an extra 30p, or at the customs office for free and took the receipt to the Post Office) - if you didn't do that within a week, your parcel was returned or destroyed. Simple.

None of this is in any way a justification for abusing the customer service line - they probably heard it a million times from others.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16