Hacking Feasible R4+M3 lite perfect combo?

milkmandan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am planning on getting an R4, and a M3 lite perfect.

I want to be able to play backup DS AND GBA games, but ALSO be able to use the DS Browser.

I know i need to patch the DS Browser for M3 with the IPS Patcher.

Will this combo work? R4 and m3 lite perfect?

I am seeing a lot of people using R4 with the EZFlash 3-in-1, I can't seem to decide what combo is the best.

Any suggestions with what i wanna do?

marth989

Trophies
Website
profile.myspace.com
XP
Country
my friend has that exact combo, and it all works, the only thing it lacks is rumble,

but most people find that useless
biggrin.gif

roguetrip

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The M3 lite perfect has a bigger price tag, but also has its own micro SD slot for storing games on. Its said that game compatibility is high with the M3 lite, but not as high as the EZ-Flash 4 lite deluxe which also has its own micro sd slot and (dunno about how great the 3in1 is but bet its close to the EZ4) still about half the price of a M3 lite perfect.

The EZ flash V 3 in 1 reads from the SLOT-1 micro SD device. It can store 1 32MB game in NOR memory and can boot straight from SLOT 2 in any NDS lite at that point (kinda like hard written data until flashed with another game), the 3in1 also has 16MB PSRAM which you can load up a game (writes to memory faster than NOR) temporarily until power is remove at which the game will be erased from the card but the save in SRAM will still be there. Along with those 2 features it also has 3 rumble modes, and 16MB of expansion memory for Nintendo DS webrowser or DSlinux. Its a awesome device at a very sweet price.

I choose the 3in1 with my R4 and a kingston 2GB micro SD, it can store lots and lots of games! (kinda like more than 100
wink.gif
)

milkmandan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well price isn't much of an issue here, so for best compatibility, and just good hardware, the R4DS + EZflash 3-in-1 is the best combo? DS Browser, GBA games and all?

I am not looking for a price deal..i am just looking for the BEST combination.

what do you guys recommend?

silentreapr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
New Zealand

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I traded it with cash so the amounts evened out.

I liked the fact the 3in1 acted like a retail card, which may be useful in the future for linkage games (eg. Pokemon), and I don't really find the need to play that many GBA games, so I traded in the M3 Perfect.

The R4 and G6DSR are pretty much equal if you take cash into the equation, the higher cost for the G6 is for the best compatibility and more features than the R4.

I'm actually thinking about getting a ps3 (trading in the DS, since my sister has one I can just play the really good games on it. I'm only waiting for Ace Attorney/Gyakuten Saiban anyway
tongue.gif
) and trading everything in for it. Thinking about it anyway
frown.gif

milkmandan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am getting a lot of mix reviews....

still duno what to choose.
frown.gif

R4DS and M3 lite perfect

or

R4DS and EZFlash 3-in-1

or

G6 DSR and EZFlash 3-in-1

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
Well, I think the R4+M3 Lite combo is slightly better, but it is more expensive. The only thing the 3 in 1 actually does better is rumble and linking DS to GBA games.

As I use my original Pokémon games (if I even play Pokémon), for me the M3 Lite + R4 combo is perfect. I just need a Rumble Pak now...

Btw, if you have an old (phat) DS, you can't even use the 3 in 1, so you'll have to buy a M3 Lite.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
It's HEAPS more expensive. Like double.

R4 + 3in1 + 1GB micro SD = 50 + 20 = 70 USD
M3 Perfect + 2 1GB micro SD + R4 = 70 + 50 + 12 = 132 USD

These are rough calculations from DX and some other shop prices.

Please let the math be right!

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EZ Flash 3 in 1 is a nice "GBA card/NDS Browser RAM Expansion Pack/NDS Rumble Pack." If you don't mind playing one gba game at a time then this is a good purchase. Don't forget about a $22 price tag.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE said:
Btw, if you have an old (phat) DS, you can't even use the 3 in 1, so you'll have to buy a M3 Lite.

Won't this work with the phat?

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
EZ Flash 3 in 1 is a nice "GBA card/NDS Browser RAM Expansion Pack/NDS Rumble Pack." If you don't mind playing one gba game at a time then this is a good purchase. Don't forget about a $22 price tag.
biggrin.gif

QUOTE said:

Yeah, it will. But a while ago I couldn't find any shop that sells it.

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
biggrin.gif

QUOTE said:

thatll work fine

the average prices come to this

r4 = ~$40-30
m3=~$70
microsd 1gb kingston = ~$15-12
3 in 1 = ~$22-18

i would suggest you get a EZF4 lite deluxe which are ~$40-50

milkmandan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind playing one gba game at a time then this is a good purchase. Don't forget about a $22 price tag.
biggrin.gif
As a matter of fact i do mind
frown.gif
i dont wanna be stuck playing 1 GBA game at a time. One moment i might be playing Golden Sun, 15 min later i might wanna play Mario Kart, I dont wanna have to reflash it and lose my save files or anything. So if thats the case, then go for M3 lite+R4?

i dont care about rumble...i dont care as much about the linkage for GBA games, since i wont be linking anyone with my GBA games anyways.

Zombie_Mario

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If you don't mind playing one gba game at a time then this is a good purchase. Don't forget about a $22 price tag.
biggrin.gif

frown.gif
i dont wanna be stuck playing 1 GBA game at a time. So if thats the case, then go for M3 lite+R4?

i dont care about rumble...i dont care as much about the linkage for GBA games, since i wont be linking anyone with my GBA games anyways.

I wrote that wrong sorry. I meant you can play multiple gba roms but the one flashed to the "PSRAM" will play. If you wanna play another you have to flash it again.

I think that's better.

milkmandan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
biggrin.gif

frown.gif
i dont wanna be stuck playing 1 GBA game at a time. So if thats the case, then go for M3 lite+R4?

I wrote that wrong sorry. I meant you can play multiple gba roms but the one flashed to the "PSRAM" will play. If you wanna play another you have to flash it again.

I think that's better.
Ahh what is the disadvantage to flashing? do i lose my saved game or something?

and the M3 lite doesn't need to flash each time?

milkmandan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually lemme correct myself.

so the 3-in-1 flashes a GBA rom to PSRAM, so you can play it....
do saved games stay? meaning if i saved a GBA game using 3-in-1, if i turn it off and reflash another game i wanna play, will my saved game still be there, if i reflash it back?

does the m3 lite have to deal with this extra re-flashing step, to play GBA roms?

or can i just pass it using the R4 and load GBA games on the fly?

and if the m3 lite can act as a ram expansion for the DS Browser, do i need to the m3 lite into ram expansion mode like the 3-in-1? or will the patched DS Browser know automatically?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: butt