Charmander is not pleased.
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So, I 'homebrew enabled' this lady's Wii. It's a red anniversary one.

I installed the homebrew channel using Smash Stack and everything went fine.

I've put a few emulators on a memory card of hers and SNES9x, VBA, Wii64 and GenesisPlus work fine. But FCEUGX is having problems.

When I launch the emulator the controls work for about 5-10 seconds and then stop responding. If I have time to launch a game it still runs (Battletoads cycled through the intro movie a few times), but I can't input anything. The Wii can only then be turned off by a hard reset, suggesting that it's frozen.

I tried using the latest version (3.2.5) and even tracked down the previous version (3.2.4) and met with the same issues. I tried formatting the memory card (even though it works fine with the other emus) and no dice. Any help would be appreciated.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thaddius said:
I tried using the latest version (3.2.5) and even tracked down the previous version (3.2.4) and met with the same issues. I tried formatting the memory card (even though it works fine with the other emus) and no dice. Any help would be appreciated.
You could try a version with 3rd party controller fix, take a look at my signature!

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I seem to have figured it out. It freezes when it tries to connect to the internet and can't. I added a connection setting to the wii and it asked me for an update (on your modified 3.2.3) and I said no and it worked fine after that. I then deleted the connection setting and tried it again and it froze once more.

Kinda lame that you seem to need the internet to play it.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thaddius said:
I seem to have figured it out. It freezes when it tries to connect to the internet and can't. I added a connection setting to the wii and it asked me for an update (on your modified 3.2.3) and I said no and it worked fine after that. I then deleted the connection setting and tried it again and it froze once more.

Kinda lame that you seem to need the internet to play it.
I will mod the latest fceugx now that it doesn't check for a new version, please be patient.
edit:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25620767/fceugx%203.2.4%20r550.7z
I was unable to compile 3.2.5, so I only was able to mod 3.2.4. Please report if it works.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thaddius said:
Tried it a couple of times and I keep getting the "Exception (DSI) occurred!" screen.
Thanks for the information, maybe I will find a solution. Are you starting it from the homebrew channel? This could cause the crash. You should try the official forwarder.
http://code.google.com/p/fceugc/downloads/...mp;can=2&q=
edit: The forwarder could also fix the freeze.

thaddius

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Huh. I did not know that it was unstable from the homebrew channel.

I was trying it from the Homebrew Channel and I used the FCEU forwarder and it worked fine. Thanks for your help.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thaddius said:
Huh. I did not know that it was unstable from the homebrew channel.

I was trying it from the Homebrew Channel and I used the FCEU forwarder and it worked fine. Thanks for your help.
laugh.gif
such a small change is making a huge difference, good to know. The homebrew channel has a network bug which will make apps which are using AHBPROT like fceugx simply crash after a short time. This network bug only happens without a working internet connection.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hey Tantric, why I can't compile fceugx v3.2.5? I have devkitppc r22 and the latest libogc svn, what could be the problem?

Tantric

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
FIX94 said:
Hey Tantric, why I can't compile fceugx v3.2.5? I have devkitppc r22 and the latest libogc svn, what could be the problem?

It was compiled with r23 (unreleased), that's why.

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tantric said:
It was compiled with r23 (unreleased), that's why.
Unreleased? Well, so I need to wait for a release...or...do you have a link to the source or something like that?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.