FCE Ultra GX v3.3.2 and Snes9x GX v4.3.2

VatoLoco

Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.backwoodzstudioz.com
XP
Country
United States
25956-fuckyoufeature.jpg
24430-Fceugx.png
24431-Snes9xgx-logo.png
28049-nes2.png
28048-snes2.png

Tantric has released FCE Ultra GX version 3.3.2, and Snes9x GX version 4.3.2. Both the NES and SNES console emulators for the Wii were updated to fix Gamecube controller issues.

Change Log (11/09/12) said:
• Fixed lag with GameCube controllers

25956-fuckyoufeature.jpg

download.gif
Download FCE Ultra GX
download.gif
Download Snes9x GX
icon11.gif
Project Pages: NES, SNES
icon11.gif
Source 1,2

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if this has been noticed by anyone else, but I've been having sound skipping ever since version 4.3.0. Right now I'm on 4.2.9 and everything sounds fine, but on anything newer the sound skips every second or so. I'm using an NTSC CRT TV on "original" mode with no scalling/filters, so it could be timing specific to that video mode.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure if this has been noticed by anyone else, but I've been having sound skipping ever since version 4.3.0. Right now I'm on 4.2.9 and everything sounds fine, but on anything newer the sound skips every second or so. I'm using an NTSC CRT TV on "original" mode with no scalling/filters, so it could be timing specific to that video mode.

Weird, I recall helping Tantric neutralize that issue, but I guess it was never fixed. If it bothers you that badly, RetroArch with Snes9x Next 1.5.2.2 is an excellent alternative, no audio skipping at all.

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The problem definitely was gone, which is why using a slightly older version is working for me.

I've taken a look at RetroArch, and it seems like a really good idea to unify the UI behind lots of emulators. The one thing it's lacking for me is the "original" video output mode that all of the GX emulators support, which gives me pixel perfect NTSC on my CRT TV. Once it has that option for home consoles I'd probably give it another shot, as I've also heard it takes advantage of a lot of speed hacks to get the performance up. (I noticed that Yoshi's Island ran without any slowdown at all, which is a nice achievement.)

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The problem definitely was gone, which is why using a slightly older version is working for me.

I've taken a look at RetroArch, and it seems like a really good idea to unify the UI behind lots of emulators. The one thing it's lacking for me is the "original" video output mode that all of the GX emulators support, which gives me pixel perfect NTSC on my CRT TV. Once it has that option for home consoles I'd probably give it another shot, as I've also heard it takes advantage of a lot of speed hacks to get the performance up. (I noticed that Yoshi's Island ran without any slowdown at all, which is a nice achievement.)

The author was impressed that the Wii CPU was able to run a SuperFX game at full speed without using frameskip. It's an excellent emulator and only crashed on me once, but that was because I loaded a BS-X ROM. Other than the slowdown (which happens when playing >60 minutes), it works perfectly, but the slowdown can be offset when you exit and enter the program again, so it's a moot point.

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country

Yes, since 4.3.0 performance went down in demanding games like star fox, stunt race fx or yoshi's island. I compiled 4.2.9 source code with recent fix lag of gamecube controllers and everything works fine, I'm using original mode too with a CRT TV and I'm very satisfied with this emulator/version, I did a comparison with the real hardware and is near perfection.

Reactions: Edu64

gukid

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I suppose I could always try something like that, grab the source and reverse the changes that may have caused the skipping. It looks to me it started around the time some new joystick code was added for gamecube controllers, but really that shouldn't even be running if I'm using the classic controller... if only debugging and testing wii compiles wasn't so much work for me. (Anyone happen to know if Wii emulators can be used to test homebrew?)

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Yes, since 4.3.0 performance went down in demanding games like star fox, stunt race fx or yoshi's island. I compiled 4.2.9 source code with recent fix lag of gamecube controllers and everything works fine, I'm using original mode too with a CRT TV and I'm very satisfied with this emulator/version, I did a comparison with the real hardware and is near perfection.

Hi!
You can share your version of the emulator?
Thank you :lol:

zerofalcon

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
You can share your version of the emulator?
Thank you :lol:

Hey sorry it took sooo long to reply. Let me search that dol in my files! I use retroarch snes9x_next since speed and compatibility went higher than snes9x GX, but I'm sure I still have that modified archive somewhere in my HDD.

Edu64

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey sorry it took sooo long to reply. Let me search that dol in my files! I use retroarch snes9x_next since speed and compatibility went higher than snes9x GX, but I'm sure I still have that modified archive somewhere in my HDD.

Thank You! :)
I also retroarch use
But I prefer snes9x by the image filter having ... is very close to the real super nintendo.
I've also noticed that only in Yoshi Island the speed difference is noticeable ( using 4.2.9 version, 4.3.2 have many problems)
I compiled the version 4.2.9 but there are problems with "Chrono Trigger" and "ff III", the same that has the version 4.3.2 with support for pro WiiU controller ( exit to the Wii Menu to enter a battle)
My intention is to have the version 4.2.9 with support for the latest wii remotes plus

Krafne

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.last.fm
XP
Country
Croatia
I honestly wish someone would update the current version, aka fix the mess. Everything after 4.2.9 is messed up, from the audio to video. This is especially true when it comes to framerate and sound stuttering (Just try playing Super Mario World 2 or A Link to The Past. Huge framedrops/frameskipping and audio stuttering in ALTTP). It's a shame since i like the changes, plus if i use an older version it asks me every time to update the app when i launch it, which i don't want to. The only way to remedy this is to disconnect my Wii from the internet.

The only problem i have with 4.2.9 is when i open the menu, the still frame of the game shrinks to the left side when i use the original rendering. Unfiltered and filtered both work fine, but 240p is the way to go.

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm interested too, if you found the file =)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/T0X6JND.jpg