Homebrew FCE Ultra GX - Unable to access SaveState while playing roms in 7zip

Ch33z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have approx 500 NES roms in a 7zip file. The 7z file is approx 94MB and the roms are fully playable in FCE Ultra GX (Homebrew Channel running on Virtual Wii on my WiiU).

A problem occurs when I try to save state, it says it's unable to do so (I don't have a problem when the rom is out of the 7zip file).

I used the LZMA compression method (LZMA2) doesn't work with FCE Ultra GX, but do I need to tweak other settings when creating the 7zip file (like Dictionary Size, etc) ?

I'm encountering the same problem in all of Tantric's releases (like Snes9x GX).

Is this functionality available for roms in 7zip files?

nakata6790

True Player
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I can savestate/loadstate and save/load just fine here, but i have every game as a separate 7z file not all of them in one file. They occupy the same space as the one 7z file (and much less than unzipped ofcourse).

Reactions: Ch33z

Ch33z

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I can savestate/loadstate and save/load just fine here, but i have every game as a separate 7z file not all of them in one file. They occupy the same space as the one 7z file (and much less than unzipped ofcourse).

Hmm ok, I thought the advantage of holding multiple files in one 7zip is that it aided compression (7zip groups similar data constructs together).

Would be worth seeing how much space 500 individual 7zips take up as comparison though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...