Hacking FCE Ultra GX not playing FDS games, even with disksys???

RPGMaster95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying to enjoy backups of the old Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle games...

Using FCE Ultra GX, and with disksys in the /fceugx folder, I get the error when trying to load any FDS game I have tried:
"Invalid game file!".

Now I've tested the roms on my pc, they are fine... What am I doing wrong? Help!!! Thanks in advance gbatemp =)!

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
First of all, I don't think the Turtles games were for the FDS.
FDS games work fine on my Wii, but did't play to many on it. Which ones have you tried, I could check if they work for me.
Oh and perhaps post some checksum/hash of your disksys.rom file, maybe it is broken. and make sure it is named disksys.rom.

RPGMaster95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i've tried getting the disksys.rom from multiple places online, all with the same failing results so it's not the file itself.

i have it in the root folder, does it need to be in the rom folder?

Games I cannot play include all 3 Turtles games, all 3 gave me the FDS bios error which led me to find and add disksys.rom to my /fceugx folder... But now all 3 and select other games that originally asked for the FDS bios now give the error "Invalid game file!".

checksum/hash:
ca30b50f880eb660a320674ed365ef7a

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
As I said before, the Turtles NES games were not for the FDS (even in Japan), so that shouldn't be the problem.
The disksys.rom file needs to be in the /fceugx folder, it needed to be in the roms folder in an older version.
Your file seems to be different than mine, but I am not really sure which checksum algorythm you used, kinda looks like SHA1.
The only FDS game I am sure I played on my Wii is Electrician, and that worked fine. Maybe you could find and try that.
But as I said, if you mainly want to play the Turtles games your problem is not your FDS BIOS file. Do you have the ROMs in rar archives by chance? FCE Ultra GX only supports .zip and 7-Zip archives, and I only used zip so far.

RPGMaster95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they are simply ".nes" files, FCE Ultra for windows runs them just fine so I know it isn't the roms... This is bizzario I dont get it =/

Gabelvampir

Free Mars!
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If it's only about the Turtles games, forget disksys.rom. That's only needed for FDS (a Japan-only addon to the Famicom/NES) games, which they aren't.
If they aren't zipped and work on your computer and are in /fceugx/roms I really don't really know what's wrong. Maybe the ROMs somehow didn't copy right to the SD card, or the filesystem is broken. Or perhaps the ROMs are zipped and the name was changed from .zip to .nes. But apart from that I'm out of ideas right now. Does someone else have any?

RPGMaster95

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually had the thought the roms didn't copy over right. So i used FCE Ultra for windows to play the roms off of the SD card itself... I'm going to try downloading fresh roms from the internetz before finishing this post to confirm I've done that...

Bingo... Not sure why windows version can read these roms, but they are the problem... Now I've got to go through all my roms one at a time and make a list of games I need fresh ones...

Guess its what I should expect from a folder of 1000ish roms that I got from a buddy like 10 years ago, lol.... Still odd that they all work on nes emulators on my pc, but w/e.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over