Homebrew FCE Ultra GX Mod [Preview + WiiUPro + ScreenShot button]

yaketyJack

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
Hello! Thank you for working on this, it's great. I do have a request that would be super awesome:
Is it possible to add an option for scanlines? This would make the pixel art look much better, like a CRT. It's basically an overlay with a black line on every other line. Do you think this is possible?

-Joseph

Zopenko

Link He come to town Come to save the Princess Z
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
hi

so heres release candidate 3.3.8

this would be the release notes, please test an report back

[3.3.8 - May 14, 2016]

* Removed some unused and redundant palettes (thanks to Burnt Lasagna), new naming convention is:
+ Accurate Colors = Unsaturated-V5 Palette By FirebrandX
+ Vivid Colors = YUV-V3 Palette By FirebrandX
+ Wii VC Colors = Wii's Virtual Console Palette By SuperrSonic
+ 3DS VC Colors = 3DS's Virtual Console Palette By SuperrSonic
+ FCEUGX Colors = Real Palette by AspiringSquire
* Added a new "Delete" button in the Game Options, to erase unused Save States and SRAM files.
* NES Zapper support fixed (thanks to Burnt Lasagna).
* Updated the official site to https://github.com/dborth/fceugc on the credits window

reviewing code from post 3.1.0 revisions they state that "AspiringSquire" palette is the new default,
this palette should be the one used for the VS games

if everything is ok, i update the fisrt post with this new version

thanks to all the testers

Wii Emu Bool File

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
runs pretty good, as far as I can tell

also could you add d-pad and a/b functions to zapper wiimote controls, so the NES game "shooting range" can run properly (which relies on those buttons)

plus you can shoot with zapper controls with the gamecube controller, but you cant with the wii classic controller - the classic is not even in the zapper button mappings

theres just stuff in general that can be re-figured there

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I do notice a issue with famicom disk system

when pressing button to inject/eject disk, you get an on-screen display message
Hi stealth

Can you take a screenshot of the actual FDS message?

Also, next on the list of stuff that i will look into is:
- adding more controllers options for the zapper games
- see the additional buttons mappings for zapper games (i promise nothing on this issue)
- add a unique settings file for each emulator version

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hi @Zopenko , I'm publishing your updates here https://twitter.com/SoloEmuladores
Thanks a lot for this really really great work!
Hi sabandellos
Great :) as long as you give proper credit

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hi stealth

Can you take a screenshot of the actual FDS message?

- see the additional buttons mappings for zapper games (i promise nothing on this issue)
Nice new build, @Zopenko. Sadly, Vs. games are still unplayable with the new FCEUGX Colors palette, which doesn't reflect the previous universal Default palette (used in 3.3.4). Everything else works fine. Looking forward to the inclusion of the working Default palette again (to play all Vs. games) and the unique settings for the emulator in it's own folder.

BTW, could you please include a GCN build too? Thanks in advance.

Attached is the updated changelog.

Attachments

• fceugxreadme2.txt
    21.3 KB · Views: 260
Last edited by niuus,
Reactions: Zopenko and sindrik

sindrik

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice new build, @Zopenko. Sadly, Vs. games are still unplayable with the new FCEUGX Colors palette, which doesn't reflect the previous universal Default palette (used in 3.3.4). Everything else works fine. Looking forward to the inclusion of the working Default palette again (to play all Vs. games) and the unique settings for the emulator in it's own folder.

can confirm this, no vs game shows the proper colours

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
can confirm this, no vs game shows the proper colours

Sindrik / Niuus

Can any one of you confirm that the unsaturaded v5 and yuv v3 palettes properly work.

Also, will do on the gcn build, i did not uploaded until the VS issue is resolved.

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Ok

So heres the 3.3.8 with the universal default palette. Found the error as to why this option was not being shown.

Also removed the FDS disk switch messages. Please test and report if the messages where properlly removed.

Gcn file

Wii file

Reactions: sindrik and niuus

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok

So heres the 3.3.8 with the universal default palette. Found the error as to why this option was not being shown.

Also removed the FDS disk switch messages. Please test and report if the messages where properlly removed.

Gcn file

Wii file

I tried it out, and Im afraid the messages are still showing when pressing the button to switch disks in FDS

however the message has changed from "disk 0 Side A Ejected" to "Command: Insert/Eject disk", in this new version, for whatever reason that may be

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Other feature requests for any future releases, i will try to keep it as real as possible. Just a wish list, if you can do them, great. If you can't, it's fine =)

- SuperEagle / Super 2xSal / 2xSal / HQ2X filter. I have always wondered why it was only included in Snes9x-GX in the old days.
- USB HID controller support. Could be useful for DS3/DS4 users, as Nintendont does already.
- Some kind of Controller assignment, like Genesis Plus GX / Not64 / WiiSXR does for multiple input options.

They would all be perfect in your other versions of the GX emus. BTW, will you port your new delete SRAM/States options to those emulators too?

As always, thanks for your efforts into updating these Wii emulators, they really needed it!

Reactions: sindrik

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what I would like to see is a fix up of the nes zapper controls and then move onto snes9x gx, and do similar things there

basically, make the snes emulator have much of the same changes the nes one has (so they are on-par), and also add overclocking to the snes which the forum member "Askot" introduced in that thread

also I tried the new version, and like how fully packaged it all is now with readme etc. however that pesky on-screen message in the lower left corner (when switching disks in FDS) remains :(

Zopenko

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Other feature requests for any future releases, i will try to keep it as real as possible. Just a wish list, if you can do them, great. If you can't, it's fine =)

- SuperEagle / Super 2xSal / 2xSal / HQ2X filter. I have always wondered why it was only included in Snes9x-GX in the old days.
- USB HID controller support. Could be useful for DS3/DS4 users, as Nintendont does already.
- Some kind of Controller assignment, like Genesis Plus GX / Not64 / WiiSXR does for multiple input options.

They would all be perfect in your other versions of the GX emus. BTW, will you port your new delete SRAM/States options to those emulators too?

As always, thanks for your efforts into updating these Wii emulators, they really needed it!

Hi Niuus

They do seem reasonable.
I'm starting to look at the controller part of the code for the zapper section.
Thanks for the heads up on the genesis gx code, i'll compare them and see how to import the controller select option, maybe if eke-eke is reading he can help :D

Stealth,
As for the 338 version, lets call it the palette fix version.
I released this version since the original goals where achieved, it was never intended to fix the fds messages.
I'll look in to them, moving forward.

Thanks to everyone for there help with this and other versions that i have compiled. This is a community effort !!

Happy gaming :yaywii:

Last edited by Zopenko,

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have to say about controls, I really like fce ultra gx controls, and how you can easily plug in and play with a gamecube controller, classic, or whatever and immediately get going

I hope you dont change that, and keep that seamless experience

basically keep the way it is (for people who are good), but give people an advanced options, if they so choose it, and they want to use their classic controller in port 1 as player 2 - which I personally think is awkward, but thats preference

this seems like it could be tricky tbh, and Id rather focus be on other things atm

Last edited by stealth_gerbil,

niuus

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
basically keep the way it is (for people who are good), but give people advanced options if they so choose it, and they want to use their classic controller in port 1 as player 2 - which I personally think is awkward, but thats preference
About that point: is not only about changing a Player One into a Player Two arbitrarily. The best example for this: if you are using a Wii U Pro Controller, it gets automatically and inevitably assigned to the 1st port. Now, you want to play 2 players, wireless. Ideally, you turn on a Wiimote for a Classic Controller on the 2nd port, but it gets, again, assigned to 1st port. You add a 3rd Wiimote, which now its when it gets assigned to Player Two. Obviously, with GCN ports this is a breeze, you only plug it directly to the player's number port and that's it, be it a Wavebird or a wired pad (like you would on a real console). But don't forget, most of the newer Wii consoles do not even have the old GCN controller ports for this. Assigning a port to any specific controller alleviates this issue completely (in both cases), and Not64 / WiiSXR / Genesis Plus GX are prime examples for this.

This would be a matter for @Zopenko to tackle in his time, and his pace. Probably he'll take the easiest things first in a next release, leaving the hardest programming challenges for the last, as one normally would. Sometimes collaborators pop up, give a nice hand (like @Burnt Lasagna) and speed things up, which is always nice. Since this is their time, let's just hope it's in their interests to give these changes a look. I for one am really thankful for this nice set of new features and polish that has been given to this abandoned emus, by this "new generation" of programmers.

Reactions: sindrik

stealth_gerbil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so long as its an advanced options and doesnt interfere with people who appreciate the ease of use right now, I dont mind - keep the default settings as they are, is what Im saying, but within options you can whatever (it will probably take a lot of oversight and testing to get such a thing right)

but also I want to get back to focusing on the snes emulator and would like things to be wrapped up here in many ways

the zapper controls could use some fixes, but then the snes peripherals could too (which can be like zapper), and the snes branch is sort of lagging behind

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I swallowed macaroni & cheese for dinner. :P