FCE Ultra GX and Snes9x GX keep gving me code dumps

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by DJPlace, Dec 30, 2010.

1. DJPlace
    OP

DJPlace P!ssed OFF Pyscho of GBA!!

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    is that normal? i load them from my sd card so yeah... if anyone can help me that would be great.

2. brausm08

brausm08 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    it's happened to me more than once when i brought my wii to a friends house.....if my wii was configured for my network, but not reconfigured for his....any launch of an emulator would crash (code dump and all) after ~5 seconds....internet connection correction solved the problem for me....

....my issue had something to do with the emulators checking for an update; maybe coupled with the AHBPROT issue in HBC 1.0.7+, i don't know....

if this helps, great! ...if not, i'd have no clue what ails yours....

3. DJPlace
    OP

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    yeah i think that's the problem. is there a way to disable the way to the internet for the emulators or no.

4. brausm08

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    not that i know of....

do you have a connection configured for you wii? ....i was under the impression it was an incorrect configuration, not the lack of one.....but i could be wrong here.....

5. DJPlace
    OP

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    yes all three are used. and i take my wii to my dad's and my uncle's house and they don't have the same set up has i do. i could try something like fake run of the setups i guess. i don't know what to do. also my dad has no wireless connecting and my uncle does not have internet at all.

6. brausm08

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    yeah, your issue sounds identical to mine then....wish i knew of a better way to fix it though....for your sake and mine!

my guess is it all depends on whether that HBC bug ever gets fixed....

a major pain in the ass: you could just try deleting all internet configurations when no wireless is present and seeing if that helps...
    a major-er pain in the ass: you could run a SNEEK NAND when necessary and launch your emulators from USB....having the appropriate/no wireless configuration on the SNEEK NAND only...

7. DJPlace
    OP

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    well at least the sega gen's emulator does not give me problem's or the mame one from toad king.

8. whoomph

whoomph GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2010
    South Coast of England
    If you remove the 'no_ios_reload' line from the app's meta.xml you won't get the crashes (but you lose dvd functionality)

9. DJPlace
    OP

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    how do you do this? cause i don't care about dvd fuctions and it should be real helpful.

10. brausm08

Nov 15, 2009
    United States
    USA - Midwest
    hmmm...never though of that....

just open the meta.xml (in windows: do a right click, then select 'edit'), delete the '' line (at/near the bottom), then save....then load it up in the wii as normal....

try it out and let us know!

11. unvmyss

unvmyss Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2010
    United States
    Also just a tip. I had the same crashing problem but it was for another reason. Do you have cover flow?

12. DJPlace
    OP

Apr 16, 2008
    United States
    welll i won't be able to tell if i go to my dad's again but once i do. i'll post here.