FCE Ultra GX 3.1.7 scrolling issue

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Abnormal Freak, Jun 2, 2010.

Jun 2, 2010
  1. Abnormal Freak
    OP

Newcomer Abnormal Freak Newbie

United States
    Sorry if this has been posted before. (Looked and didn't see anything.)

I'm noticing some really bad, choppy scrolling on this emulator. I'm not sure if it's been happening on any earlier versions, since I hadn't been playing games on it for a while, but just started playing it again today and downloaded the latest version when asked to.

The really bizarre part is a game will initially scroll smoothly, but then will quickly become choppy. A way to "fix" it is to hit the home button and then click "Close." It'll then scroll smoothly for another ten to twenty seconds, and then become choppy again.

Anyone else having this problem? I don't recall it happening in older versions. I'm using the "Original" video rendering option, by the way. It doesn't seem to happen when the rendering is set to "Filtered," but I don't like such filters.

Oh yeah, and I'm playing on a 480i TV with an S-Video cable (from Hong Kong). I was wondering if it could be the cable, but it does the same thing with the official Nintendo composite cable.

Wondering if anybody's brought it to Tantric's attention.

2. XFlak

Member XFlak Wiitired but still kicking

Canada
    his emu's have recently started using cIOS202

so what version of cIOS202 do u have installed?

3. demonicstrife

Member demonicstrife *INSERTGENERICTITLE*

United States
    Tantric knows about it, and it's already been fixed in the latest svn test build.