FC30: celebrating the 30th anniversary of the Nintendo Famicom

Costello

Headmaster
OP
Administrator
Trophies
XP
Did you know that today is the 30th anniversary of the original Nintendo Famicom? You didn't? Well now you do! To celebrate this wonderful day, a company has contacted me to announce the release of a pretty awesome looking product: the FC30.

gold1.jpgGold&Normal.jpg FC1983.7.15.jpggold3.jpg

The FC30 is a wireless bluetooth controller imitating the design of the original Famicom controller, and that is compatible with all sorts of cell phones (iPhone, android...) and many other devices. Read more below:
This wireless game controller sports classic a D-Pad and button layout reminiscent of retro 8-bit game consoles from the 80's and 90's. The FC30 works with your iPad and iPhone to play apps using a game controller with real tactile input. It also works with Android devices and Windows devices as well!

We spent a year on designing and developing FC, it is the perfect combination of classic retro-styled and modem wireless Bluetooth technology.

We spent a lot of time on the button feedback, it’s 99% closed to the original FC GamePad.
We spent a lot of time on the plastic shell, it’s 1:1 size of the original FC GamePad.
We spent a lot of time on the hardware and the software developing, we own the all technology, that the FC30 has a firmware, it’s upgradable and programmable. The FC30 uses a completely open interface system, so that any app developer can easily add game support.

We spent a lot of time on the full platform research. As I know, FC30 is few GamePad that can use on IOS, Android and Windows platform.
We spent a lot of time to make Dual-mode support: Bluetooth keyboard mode and Simulate touch screen mode. Bluetooth keyboard mode works like iCade, this mode is good for retro gaming. Simulate touch screen mode(jail break or root needed), can simulate tap touch screen, almost all popular touch screen game support, such as Street Fighter IV etc.
To read more about the product you may consult the document that the team have sent me. Clicking this post will also reveal a bunch of detailed photos for you to examine. In addition, FC30 are releasing a limited edition made of actual gold, manufactured by a famous Hong-Kong jewelry brand (Chow Tai Fook J.G. Ltd.). More details in the attached document.

IMG_6612.JPG

Some samples are being sent over to GBAtemp for reviews and for competition prizes. We can't wait to get our hands on this little gem!

Attachments

• certificate.jpg
    certificate.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 974
  • fc30th.jpg
    fc30th.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 1,001
  • FC30withXtander.jpg
    FC30withXtander.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 879
  • LaunchDay20130715.jpg
    LaunchDay20130715.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 997
  • Xtander&iPadmini.jpg
    Xtander&iPadmini.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 927

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Smexy. Did they throw a price on that bad boy? Nice that they're only making 30 of the Gold Limited edition ones. :lol:

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
Happy bday Famicon!

Here is a bargain for any Famicon fanboy:
5ea48773.jpg

Yours for just 7500000 Yen!

I would possibly buy one of these pads to use with my android phone and tab. Will have to wait on reviews as I have a PS3 pad and Wiimotes which I think can be used with android though I've never tried it myself.
I have a Samsung Galaxy SIII and a Galaxy Tab 2 10.1" and with Shadowrun Returns coming in a few weeks it might be the perfect time to try out a controller solution.

Reactions: Kippykip

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY. I seriously want this for the Nexus 7. Only downside I can see is that they use the mini USB to recharge instead of the standard micro USB.

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh wow, this looks really nice. I love the fact that they put X Y and L R buttons on it. I absolutely love the NES and Famicom stuff and got a retroUSB port for my NES controllers, but honestly the only thing I will use them on is NES games because 4 buttons is a pretty low amount.

It's nice if you want more buttons but want to still feel like you're using a NES controller.

One of the reasons I got a Mario edition GBA Micro is because it looks like a famicom controller.

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Pre-ordered.
I've been waiting for something this cheap with bluetooth tech to come around.
iOS + BTStack + Project64's source IT'S TIME TO PROGRAM

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs