It's nearly over, folks, next to last chance to get your retro on with the FC30 Bluetooth controller before they go on sale! This week we're calling out to those that like to create! That's right. You knew it was coming. It's time for an art contest! There aren't many rules, but the rules that exist are important, so please read them!
1. All entries must be the subject of an 8 or 16-bit game or character, no exceptions. If the game or character spans multiple generations, they at least had to have their start in the 8 or 16 bit era.
2. All entries may be any physical or digital medium, as long as it's static, visual art. Meaning it can't be a video, or a song. It can however be a digital image, a drawing, a painting, a paper mache figure, a statue, abstract or whatever. It's up to you.
3. You may draw inspiration from prior art. You may not, however, re-purpose, or outright steal someone else's work.
4. If you're working in physical medium, you can make it from anything under the sun. Crayon, paint, pastels, granite, ground meat, cheese, grass clippings, discarded hair from your local barber shop, macaroni, sand from the Gobi Desert...you get the point.
5. If you're working in digital, feel free to use any program you choose. Paint, Gimp, Photoshop, 3DS Max, Blender, etc... Just as long as you can post the result as a single static image in this thread.
6. Not really a rule... Bonus points for creativity and originality. Seriously. I'd rather see a sculpture of Dynamite Headdy made from 3 years worth of your uncle's toenail clippings and liverwurst. than to see someone make a run of the mill pencil sketch of Mario. It won't be the only deciding factor in choosing a winner, but seeing something I've never seen done before will certainly get my attention.
7. Obey the rules or potentially ruin your chances of participating in future GBAtemp events. 'Nuff said.
8. All entries must be submitted and completed by Monday, August 26, by 11:59 PM.
9. Don't "Reserve" your post. Just post when it's finished. There really is no reason to reserve your post. Having your entry closer to the top won't effect your chances in any way. I look at them all.