FC30 Bluetooth Controller Contest: Week 2

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
8OWSm97l.jpg

Goombas and Toadettes, Today marks week 2 of the FC130 Bluetooth controller contest! Just like last week, we have one controller to give to the lucky winner for this week!

Your task this time is to create your own sprite art! In some circles, also called pixel art.

Sprites, as you may or may not know, is how graphics were normally presented in 8 or 16 bit games, and sprites are still used today in some instances. The first examples of sprites were very primitive, usually in one color, and were rendered on the fly by the hardware. By the 8 bit era, sprites were usually stored in ROM, premade, and called into existence by the game, and the colors were chosen by the pre-selected color palette.

Rules

1. Your sprite art may either be completely original, or based from a sprite from a pre-existing game, IF it can stand as it's own work. That means you can't just do a color swap and get away with it. It has to be essentially unrecognizable from the source material. (Example: Here you see a Megaman sprite, and here, some sprite art I created based from the same sprite. For those that have been living under a rock, it's Cyclops from the X-men. ;) You see how the only similar aspects are the general shape of it, and of course the iconic pose. )

2. You may change, edit, revise, or remove your entry any time before the close of the contest by editing your post.

3. One entry per IP address, per member. One piece of sprite art per entry.

4. Plagiarism is a no no. If your art is found on another site, you may not submit it. This extends to art you may have submitted or published to other sites under your own name.

5. If you see someone breaking the rules, do not post it in the thread. This could start a flame war that, honestly I don't really want to clean up. So instead, shoot me a PM, and link me to the offending post or entry, and I'll take care of it.

6. Removal of your content (AKA: Taking your ball and going home) after the contest ends will have you put on a blacklist that will indefinitely bar you from any further GBAtemp events.

7. Anyone disobeying these rules can lead to consequences including but not limited to: Having to present an alternative entry, disqualification from the contest, and disqualification from any future GBAtemp events.

8. Have fun! As a reminder, please remember that these contests are to bring GBAtemp together as a community and have a little fun as a distraction from the various (and often heated) discussions on this board.

9. All entries must be submitted by Monday, August 5th, by 11:59 PM PST. The contest winner will be decided the next day.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
All entries must be submitted by Monday, July 5th, by 11:59 PM PST. The contest winner will be decided the next day.

Ehm, Twin, you sure it's not August?

OT:
I'm extremely bad at pixelart :c
I might take a shot at it tho c:

Reactions: jonthedit

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
Trophies
XP
Country
xarsah16.png
xarsah16x4.png

I wanted to be the first submission... lol guess I wasn't fast enough ;)

Anyway, mine is attached and as of right now, hosted on gbatemp :)

EDIT: The perfectionist in me changed a few pixels. I also decided to provide a larger version of my sprite as others have done, not as my submission but just for reference. (the x4 one.) The small version is my submission.

Xarsah, the swordswoman! I wanted her to have a banana instead of a sword, but oh well. I couldn't scratch a small enough one to look good and recognizable.... lol

Looking forward to seeing everyone else's, and lol at the pong one! XD

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
6. Removal of your content (AKA: Taking your ball and going home) after the contest ends will have you put on a blacklist that will indefinitely bar you from any further GBAtemp events.
Oh wait, does that mean I'm banned? Because I used Dropbox for posting the photo I made for one of the previous contests, and I probably cleaned that photo out some time when cleaning up my Dropbox. I guess I could always reupload the photo somewhere else and edit my old contest post though.

Edit: Nevermind, just looked up my contest posts and the images are still there. Still might be a good idea to move them to another image posting service I guess. :P

camochase

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is my submission made completely from scratch based off Gir from Invader Zim its also my first sprite xD. I decided to edit it a little bit to make it look more like Gir
9438416864_f18ee9c96a_o.png

old vvv
9408514786_23dc2a2beb_o.png

Attachments

• GIRRRRRRRRRRRx3.png
    GIRRRRRRRRRRRx3.png
    710 bytes · Views: 321
Reactions: DinohScene

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
I made a drawing of Dust I posted in my topic.
I re-sized it down so it looks like a sprite, so I hope that counts:
fzi8.png

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +1
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped... +1