FBI on Soundhaxxed 11.3.0.36U?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by Zappy, Apr 12, 2017.

1. Zappy
    OP

Zappy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2017
    Hello, I am new to hacking and things like that, i recently soundhaxxed my 2ds which is at the version 11.3.0.36U and i was wondering if I could install FBI to install my legit cia files. BTW my system does not have custom firmware of any sorts. If i posted this in the wrong group, please direct me to where i should post this.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    Here's a great response from Giodude on using FBI on 11.3:

ScarletDreamz likes this.
  3. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Thats my meme XD

4. Zelo101

Zelo101 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2017
    Soundhax wont do. You need CFW for this. but luckily 11.3 (the one your one) CFW is supported. 3ds.guide is the best way (in my opinion) to CFW your device. Minding that its harder than soundhax and could lead to bricks if you don't follow the guide correctly (rarely though)

Last edited by Zelo101, Apr 12, 2017
  5. Zappy
    OP

Zappy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2017
    Thanks to all of you for your responses, i will try to downgrade to 11.2 and cfw-ing my device. But before i do, is there any other cia installer similar to fbi tat i can install on the device without changing it?

6. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    You don't need to downgrade to 11.2 to install CFW. You can do it directly from 11.3. And FBI is the superior CIA installer. Please just follow 3ds.guide. Everyone will try to shove it into your face if you don't.

7. Hayleia

Hayleia GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 26, 2015
    France
    How do you install it without an installer i the first place?
    And if it was possible to install an installer without an installer on any version to install anything, why would people suggest 3ds.guide?

KunoichiZ likes this.
  8. Clector

Clector GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 15, 2016
    Bangladesh
    Not here
    You should be able to use FBI trough the Homebrew Launcher to install just Legit CIA"s, as long as you use a version that uses an exploit compatible with your version (FBI).

9. foolalay

foolalay GBAtemp Regular

Jan 11, 2015
    United States
    Try loading the Homebrew Launcher through Soundhax->running udsploit (press Start once it has finished)->running FBI and see if legit cias can be installed.

Someone might need to make a special build or something.

10. Zappy
    OP

Zappy Member

Newcomer
    Apr 12, 2017
    thanks to everyone for their recommendations, i have now cfw'd my system and can do everything i ever wanted with it.

Zelo101 and Hayleia like this.