FBI injection on sysnand crashing the H&S app?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Immaculate, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Immaculate
    OP

Immaculate Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    Injecting FBI on emunand worked fine but when I inject it to sysnand, the banner icon is blank and when trying to open the app it crashes my system. But it gets weirder than that because when I boot into devmode then try to go the H&S app it works completely fine. Anyone know why this is?

for the record my nands are unlinked and i'm on 7.2 sysnand with the mset exploit installed

2. Tony_93

Tony_93 GBAtemp Addict

Jun 13, 2015
    United States
    California
    That sounds like a bad injection, anyways you don't need FBIB injection anymore, use rxtools + browserhax to use FBI.3dsx and then install FBI.cia, FBI injection/Cubic Ninja were useful before all the free entrypoints that we now have.

3. Immaculate
    OP

Immaculate Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    I cant seem to get browserhax to work :/ the console always crashes

4. dark_samus3

dark_samus3 GBAtemp Addict

May 30, 2015
    United States
    Well this is all normal behavior... FBI is unsigned so it'll act like any unsigned CIA without signatures patched, booting in devmode and having it work is normal... Basically think of the new H&S app to be any regular unsigned CIA (because it is now), you can't run it without first patching signatures

EDIT: browserhax will always fail to work because it only works on 9.0 and above and you're on 7.2... Basically you'll need to do a bit of trickery to get updated to 9.0 sysNAND then browserhax will work and then you can even install themehax for autoboot cfw

Last edited by dark_samus3, Oct 16, 2015
  5. Immaculate
    OP

Immaculate Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    so what you're saying is that this is how fbi injection functions? also browser hax mentions it works for any fw too

6. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    Yep that's how the injection functions and browserhax relies upon the otherapp payload which is limited to 9.0 or above so no it will not work on any fw

7. Immaculate
    OP

Immaculate Member

Newcomer
    Sep 1, 2015
    United States
    would installing cia's through devmode be fine?

8. dark_samus3

May 30, 2015
    United States
    yep