Hacking FBI injection on sysnand crashing the H&S app?

Immaculate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Injecting FBI on emunand worked fine but when I inject it to sysnand, the banner icon is blank and when trying to open the app it crashes my system. But it gets weirder than that because when I boot into devmode then try to go the H&S app it works completely fine. Anyone know why this is?

for the record my nands are unlinked and i'm on 7.2 sysnand with the mset exploit installed

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Injecting FBI on emunand worked fine but when I inject it to sysnand, the banner icon is blank and when trying to open the app it crashes my system. But it gets weirder than that because when I boot into devmode then try to go the H&S app it works completely fine. Anyone know why this is?

for the record my nands are unlinked and i'm on 7.2 sysnand with the mset exploit installed

That sounds like a bad injection, anyways you don't need FBIB injection anymore, use rxtools + browserhax to use FBI.3dsx and then install FBI.cia, FBI injection/Cubic Ninja were useful before all the free entrypoints that we now have.

Immaculate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That sounds like a bad injection, anyways you don't need FBIB injection anymore, use rxtools + browserhax to use FBI.3dsx and then install FBI.cia, FBI injection/Cubic Ninja were useful before all the free entrypoints that we now have.
I cant seem to get browserhax to work :/ the console always crashes

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is all normal behavior... FBI is unsigned so it'll act like any unsigned CIA without signatures patched, booting in devmode and having it work is normal... Basically think of the new H&S app to be any regular unsigned CIA (because it is now), you can't run it without first patching signatures

EDIT: browserhax will always fail to work because it only works on 9.0 and above and you're on 7.2... Basically you'll need to do a bit of trickery to get updated to 9.0 sysNAND then browserhax will work and then you can even install themehax for autoboot cfw

Last edited by dark_samus3,

Immaculate

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well this is all normal behavior... FBI is unsigned so it'll act like any unsigned CIA without signatures patched, booting in devmode and having it work is normal... Basically think of the new H&S app to be any regular unsigned CIA (because it is now), you can't run it without first patching signatures

EDIT: browserhax will always fail to work because it only works on 9.0 and above and you're on 7.2... Basically you'll need to do a bit of trickery to get updated to 9.0 sysNAND then browserhax will work and then you can even install themehax for autoboot cfw
so what you're saying is that this is how fbi injection functions? also browser hax mentions it works for any fw too

dark_samus3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what you're saying is that this is how fbi injection functions? also browser hax mentions it works for any fw too
Yep that's how the injection functions and browserhax relies upon the otherapp payload which is limited to 9.0 or above so no it will not work on any fw

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Spot the difference, Deal or no deal, can't remember the others lol