Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero72463

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay the latest release of FBI confused me soooo much. I remember the old classic gui. How can I install a .cia to NAND instead of SD on the latest version? BTW don't ask why I need to do it I know what I am doing.

D

Deleted-379826

Okay the latest release of FBI confused me soooo much. I remember the old classic gui. How can I install a .cia to NAND instead of SD on the latest version? BTW don't ask why I need to do it I know what I am doing.
I believe by hitting certain buttons it changes the install mode if I am correct, probably L or R!

D

Deleted-379826

No that doesn't work anymore. They completely changed FBI it is confusing now.
Ah alright my bad. Maybe something on the main menu or pressing a certain button instead of A on the file?

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is automatic, if the Cia you are trying to install needs to be installed on NAND, it will when you install it. There is no option for it anymore.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
If you managed to install it on NAND anyway it would be unuseable, and would appear as a black icon that is unbootable. Don't confuse sysNAND/emuNAND with NAND/SD.

Reactions: Ricken

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yep it's all titleid based, the current version has partially broken logic for it but the next one will be fine (you can see the whole deal on https://github.com/Steveice10/FBI/issues/196)

Note that the titleid is actually not the best way of figuring out if a title goes to NAND or SD, but it's the only way that works on all titles (the more correct way is exclusive to CXIs, while all titles -CXI, CFA, DSiWare- have a titleid), and well even te official DevMenu does it this way soooo.... :)

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Note that the titleid is actually not the best way of figuring out if a title goes to NAND or SD, but it's the only way that works on all titles
Title? Or Title id?

The title id embedded into the cia file that fbi detects determines where to install it, that is why the process is automatic. Before the 2.0 update, we had to manually instruct where to install it but is auto based on title id. All cia files that fbi deal with is all based on title id. Don't forget that.:teach:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: For real for real