FBI failing to install any app

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by MsMidnight, Apr 12, 2016.

1. MsMidnight
    OP

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    I'm using the 3dsx version of FBI in 9.2 Sysnand because my brother accidently removed emunand somehow. And I keep getting Invalid_Argument Description: unknown 0x1. Help ?

2. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2015
    United States
    Do you have the database files on your SD?

3. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Apr 18, 2011
    Sysnand formatted? Launch eshop at last once if never done
    Do not update, OFC, just launch it

4. TheCruel

TheCruel Developer

Banned
    Dec 6, 2013
    United States
    I like the boobs.

5. phant0mg33k

phant0mg33k Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2015
    United States
    FBI can throw back a number of issues depending on how the sysnand was set up. Always check to see if your /Nintendo3ds/(garbage)/dbs/ is there. If not add it and inside make 2 blank files using note pad if you wanted. save it all files named "import.db" and another "title.db" pop your SD card back in and launch data management. It should pop up that the data base has been corrupted and needs to be rebuit, wait just a bit and it will finish. exit system settings then try FBI. Also make sure to open the home menu theme selector once as it will allow you to restore menuhax if that is what you are using.

6. Marko76

Marko76 GBAtemp Psycho!

Aug 19, 2015
    United Kingdom
    Clydebank
    Every time someone fucks up and creates a thread on here they always blame it on their brother lol

7. MsMidnight
    OP

MsMidnight part time fe modder

Oct 12, 2015
    kys
    I don't use the n3DS. Even though the o3DS and n3DS are mine I stick with my o3ds.

@bi388 yes they are there

Apparently my SD corrupts any cia file that gets there so should I format or go with Network Installation ?

8. bi388

bi388 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 29, 2015
    United States
    I would backup all the files, format, and if it still doesnt work buy a new SD. Network instillation has never worked smoothly for me for large files.

9. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    Siblings are exactly why i cant wait for a password locked a9lh payload.

10. MadMageKefka

MadMageKefka GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 28, 2016
    United States
    World of ruin
    FBI won't work on sysnand without CFW loaded. Here's what you do:
    - Go here and download the latest version of MiniPasta https://github.com/d0k3/MiniPasta/releases
    - Put the files from the zip into your 3ds folder on your sd card
    - Turn on your 3ds and launch HBL however you choose
    - Install menuhax if you haven't already
    - Run MiniPasta from the HBL, the 3ds will "restart". MAKE SURE YOU PRESS YOUR MENUHAX BUTTON TO RE-ENTER HBL. DO NOT LOAD SYSNAND. Nothing bad will happen if you do, but trying to launch back into HBL from say... cubic ninja, would make MiniPasta stop working.
    - Once you are back in the HBL, run FBI as normal.
    - If the 3ds stays on a black screen for a long time after running MiniPasta, it failed. Just try again from the start.

I STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU DON'T DO THIS TO PLAY GAMES! NOTHING YOU INSTALL WILL SHOW UP UNLESS YOU RUN MINIPASTA OR SOME OTHER SYSNAND CFW. IF YOU ARE INTENDING TO USE FBI TO INSTALL GAMES TO SYSNAND, STOP!!!! JUST RE-MAKE YOUR EMUNAND! MUCH, MUCH SAFER AND EASIER!

Last edited by MadMageKefka, May 3, 2016
  11. Ev1l0rd

Ev1l0rd ◥▷◁◤ Knight of Void

Oct 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    Land of Darkness and Bounty
    Create a new EmuNAND, restore your EmuNAND backup (you did create one right?). Otherwise do what @MadMageKefka suggested.