FBI error 0xD963F9FC - "Failed to populate TitleDB list"

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by BeefyCorndog45, Sep 30, 2018.

1. BeefyCorndog45
    OP

BeefyCorndog45 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    United States
    When i open FBI and select titledb, the database does not load and says "Failed to populate TitleDB list"

I am on CFW 11.8, and it worked fine a few days ago.

Any suggestions?

2. StuntHacks

StuntHacks Member

Newcomer
    Jan 19, 2017
    Austria
    Vienna
    I have the same issue and the website doesn't load either. So it looks like a problem on TitleDB's end.

3. BeefyCorndog45
    OP

BeefyCorndog45 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    United States
    I hope its just a temporary error. Manually downloading CIa files is gonna be painful.

4. dank_mankey

dank_mankey Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 1, 2018
    Canada
    I'm having this same issue, maybe
    I'm having this same issue, was working last week and now isn't. Maybe the server that holds the titleDB is down on their end, or maybe we all received the same 3ds software update. hopefully this issue will fix itself

5. BeefyCorndog45
    OP

BeefyCorndog45 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 30, 2018
    United States
    Give it a week or so, then we can start complaining ;P.

6. Beyondlsd

Beyondlsd Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2013
    United States
    the FBI server may be down again and if you go to the titledb website it's empty.... anyone know what's going on? trying to setup a new2ds as a xmas gift and wanted to install SNES and DS emulator on it..

digitalgiantslayer likes this.
  7. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Manually download and put the *.cia files on the SD card and offline install with FBI.
    GitHub updated to TLS v1.2 that borked homebrew app updaters and installers.

Beyondlsd likes this.
  8. digitalgiantslayer

digitalgiantslayer Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    hope this helps github have blocked 3ds https request certificates :cry:

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

github have blocked 3ds from acsessing their website so loads of apps are now broken

9. Beyondlsd

Beyondlsd Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 16, 2013
    United States
    Ugh.. that stinks.. i have to manually search for the other items now... and i guess i forgot how hard many additional hoops had to run through to get ds games working..

I have to figure out how to get retroarch running, as i installed it but it just crashed on the new system. I installed the snes and nes emulators.. the gba one crashed on boot as welll. I really dont remember having this many issues when i did my own earlier this year...

digitalgiantslayer likes this.
  10. digitalgiantslayer

digitalgiantslayer Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2018
    United Kingdom
    It is so annoying, hopefully the files can be moved somewhere else so we can still acsess them.I don't know why github did it it's really annoying

Beyondlsd likes this.
  11. TurdPooCharger

TurdPooCharger Meh

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Retroarch is hit & miss. That's what happens whenever there's a jack of all trades but master of none.

Here's a list of emulators, loaders, and injectors/forwarders that should reduce your search.

Beyondlsd likes this.