Favourite Legend of Zelda game

What's your favourite Legend of Zelda game?

• Total voters

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is my favourite!

wandofgamelonfront.jpg

Reactions: 1 person

mechagouki

Kill 'em all...
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have completed all except AoL, Ages, Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword; Link to the Past was the first one I completed and I still love it. The gb/gbc games are excellent considering the hardware limitations. Ocarina, well I still play that frequently, and I've started the Master Quest on my gamecube, not much time though. The last one that I found a challenge was Minish Cap, which actually has osme very cool features. Windwaker, Twilight Princess and Phantom Hourglass were all way, way too easy, Twilight Princess in particular felt like I was playing on practice mode or something. I just got Skyward Sword, and I have high hopes, we'll see.

My favourite though; Majora's Mask, difficulty was pitched high, but not frustratingly so, so much cool stuff to do, many cool items to use, and the 3- day loop was such a cool concept it still amazes me the design team came up with it and implemented it.

EDIT: just voted and Windwaker is winning! That game was so easy, the bosses were a joke; when I beat Ganon I thought something else was going to happen, dissapointing.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No love for the DS versions? :unsure: They were my first Zelda games I've played, found them pretty decent.

DS games are shit. Annoying controls and some of the design choices are just absolutely horse shit. Compared to the other portable Zelda games, they're a complete mockery.

I voted Twilight Princess.

choconado

Doesn't understand a damn thing on here
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I for one, didn't go with the first Zelda game I played (that would be the original, for the record. Even had the gold-plated first edition cartridge). No, my favorite thinking back had to be Link's Awakening. I've spent far too high of a percentage of my life on that goddamn original Game boy. Once I got a flashcart for my DS and a Gameboy Emu, I finally let it rest. That was like, four years ago. Seriously. The thing was also literally held together with ducttape, but it still worked. And LA was the game I probably played the most out of. It's the only game I've ever owned that I beat so many times that I started glitching out the game in as many ways as I could think of just for something to do. It's a great game, and worth anyone's time.
As far as the DS games go, PH grew on me after a while. but Spirit Tracks is the only "top down" zelda I've not beaten. Because I stopped half-way through. Because I got to that side-quest with the train about carrying passengers where they pulled all those draconian rules out on me, and I was all "yeah, I'm not going to do that. I wanted to play a zelda game here". Maybe I'll try it again some time soon, but I doubt I'd have fun trying to remember what all the signs mean while at the same time fighting all the enemies AND dodging the phantom trains that like to spawn right in goddamn front of me.

choconado

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
but which is your favorite is the important part.

I mean I've played all but the last two games. I just haven't beaten any of the non-"top down" perspective ones. Usually because I didn't own the systems the others were on and was playing the game at a friend's house.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
I was struggling between majoras mask , ocarina and link to the past, SO, i closed my eyes and spun around 3 times and....

...opened my eyes to see which option was majoras mask was because i thought it was the most fun of all the zelda games!

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ocarina of Time, one of my all time favourite games as well as the best Zelda imo,
Wind Waker does come in a close second tho.

matt1freek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Personally I grew up with the Original LOZ me and my mom used to play it all the time, we were blown away when we found out *spoiler* theres is another game after you beat the game (gasp). It was one of those games that I can still recall the majority of the secrets and tricks. Only Mega Man 2-3, Super Mario 3 and Dragon Warrior got as much play time as the classic original.
Anyway I rented the Zelda II and absolutely loathed it. Have not played it again since it came out.
A link to the past was my favorite zelda game ever, perhaps i view the 90's thru rose tinted lenses so my opinion may not be just but i played this game sooo many times. It certainly doesnt hurt that the Snes was the greatest console of all time.
Never got a 64 so i played Ocarina and Majora much later via emulator. They were ok... good for what they were but nothing beats a top down zelda IMO
Loved Minish cap and the rest of the gb/gbc series.
It wasnt til Wind Waker that i was sold on 3D zelda games, the world just seemed so much more epic and grand than the 64 games IMO.
The DS games kinda got on my nerves, I think it may have been the timed dungeons. All good up to that point.
The Wii Games were great as well, I enjoyed TP's art style over SS, but SS's controls over TP's... pretty even i guess.

choconado

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you know, in my opinion it isn't really the difference in format that makes Adventure of Link so bad, as much as it's that they really didn't succeed at what they were trying to do. I for one admire that they decided to go a completely different direction for the sequel to what is arguably the greatest game the NES had. And it's funny that noone ever mentions the clone to that game that actually attempted to improve on some of the faults, "Battle For Olympus" (play it, it's TOTALLY an AoL clone, set in Greek Mythological times). And in some ways it did improve the faults of the game: A better working navigation system, discarding the "get lost on the overworld" issues; A little bit better spelled out game path (okay, they didn't do great improving on that one), and enemies with a real strategy to them besides "run at them and hope you don't die". At least, that's the way the original game plays out for me.

Fun Fact: The cartridge for Olympus I had gotten was used from a rental place. It had a bug in it somehow where if you input a password to play--any password, it didn't matter--the lifebar wouldn't decrease past the minimum to stay alive. Oddly enough a different rental place's copy of "Superman" for the NES had the same bug sans password. Of course with that game, if your life bar got low enough you'd be stuck as Clark Kent until you got an upgrade, so there were spots you could get stuck in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWmThqDS-f0