Samutz

Trophies
Website
samutz.com
XP
Country
United States
THPS2.
First one to have create-a-skater and create-a-park.

I had played the first one with a friend, but never got in to it until the 2nd one.

Used to play it online (PC ver) using VPN software with people at PlanetTonyHawk. I also remember hacking it a lot. Replacing textures and maps and such (you could play most THPS1 maps in it).
I had the PS1 ver too at first, but I played the PC ver a lot more for the modding.

My second choice would be THUG1.
Good soundtrack and the first one with a storyline, and not the stupid Jackass-esque story line of THUG2. It was also the first one where I really could make a skater that looked at lot like me, since the old ones only had some basic options.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
First game: rightly a legend but has not aged well primarily due to lack of manual and balance meter as well as somewhat smaller levels.

Second one on the PS1 here too is my favourite. Good levels and good trick setup (while I like the stuff that came later it became a bit ridiculous to the point where we all forced our stats down and turned on the expert mode/"realistic" mode cheats.

Nod to humour of 3rd game and levels were pretty good on occasion.

Underground 1: passable at best.

After that I did not play any more (bar the DS version and a couple of goes at the GBA series via emulation).
I did play MTV skateboarding on the PC and it had potential but was ruined but odd gameplay mechanics.

S

scubersteve

I'm sorry, but THPS3 was made of win.
2 was awesome too.
The rest were pretty fail (1 is exempt from failure because it was the first that spawned sequels/spinoffs).

dreadyz

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've played through all the Tony Hawk games on the DS & some on the GBA, but wasn't very impressed with the Wii Tony Hawk games. I recently downloaded Underground 1&2, American Wasteland & Pro Skater 4 for the Gamecube and am really digging them.
I have messed with pro skater 1 emulated using project 64 & I agree that it hasn't aged very well although it's still pretty fun. I'll probably also play pro skater 2 emulated as well.
I'm not sure about Pro Skater 3 yet though..... I have the pc version & the n64 rom, but I'm thinking that I'd prefer the GC version. Has anyone tried both the pc & GC version? I have been holding out for the GC version, but I haven't been able to find it on any of the torrent sites..........not even over at BC. I just recently got a usb to gc controller adapter, so I'll probably just go ahead and play the pc version & download the gc version later.

It's a shame that the Wii games don't support the GC controller.... hopefully the next one will though. I'll be first on the list if there is a petition.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I've always been a massive fan of THPS2. THPS1 was great but the physics and game engine just felt more right with 2. THPS3 was too dumbed down. THPS4 was pretty good, love it on the GC. I really enjoyed the THUG games but sometimes there's just too much farting about to find the goals.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse