Gaming Favorite GBA homebrew?

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats yours? I personally like the 2004Mbit compo game from gbadev, PocketNES, LOCKJAW, Luminesweeper, and GSMplayer.

myuusmeow

Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Goomba: For games that need savestates and problem games that don't work in Lameboy like Donkey Kong, Pocket Bomberman, Super Mario Land 2, etc.

That's about it...anything I think of has a better DS equivalent.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Herg's Solitaire. The graphics were brilliant and it was miles better than any version you could find in stores.

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I second the mentioning of Herg's Solitaire. Tons of card games in one small multiboot-capable file. Luminesweeper and Lockjaw are other good homebrew games.

GSM Player was probably my most often-used application. GBA JPEG viewer and Gameboy Book Reader are also good for media viewing.

Other good applications are the emulators, though most of them are superseded by DS versions. PocketNES, SNES Advance, Snezziboy, Goomba, TI83emu, etc.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I got another one: how could I forget Bookreader (and its PC application Makebook). Text file reader with a twist; it was designed for e-books so it let you set chapter and page breaks within the text files before packing them for the GBA to make them easier to navigate. Fantastic for carrying half-done character sheets or walkthroughs to bail you out if you get stuck and are nowhere near a PC.

So yes, Herg's Solitaire and Bookreader.
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM