Favorite dish at a social gathering?

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is November, at the end of it comes thanksgiving day (at least where I am from), this day is usually celebrated by a feast mostly centered around turkey, but so many other stuff like cabbage, potato salad, mac and cheese, cranberry sauce, pumpkin pie, sweet candy yams with marshmallow, bread rolls and more, just to name a few.

So just the idea of so much food, how bout share some of your favorite dishes at any social gathering, can be holiday like thanksgiving, 4th of july, someone birthday party, a date, (i guess) or whatever you can celebrate. To add to the challenge, it can't be nothing you personally made for yourself, that you agree to bring. Has to be someone else, and you are also the visitor, meaning you are not hosting and whatever you find is what you can eat.

Also please do not discuss health concerns here, is not about weather the stuff you like eating is bad or good for you, trying to understand why someone else would decide to eat it while you do not or what is in the stuff that make it what it is. Is simply sharing what you find tasty which is all opinion based statements. (What people like is opinion based, what is considered health risk is not, just to clearify)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
More unlicensed GBAchef?

I once saw some studies on people doing parties with and without booze to see if booze was a benefit. General results were it was good either way. I go similarly when it comes to food and if it is not going to come squirting out of one end or the other because of what it is then whatever tastes good.
To play the game though. I judge Indian restaurants on their onion bhajis, rarely fails me. To that end I usually like to see what others do for potato salad (yoghurt dressing rather than mayonaise and fewer raisins and raisin like items the better is what I have found thus far). Similar story for humous. I do like chilli, though having got used to the non mince variety I have become a bit of a tart lately. Cupcakes can go rot, worst type of cake. Also just to get a dig in at turkey then they are a stupid animal in life and a worse one on my plate, worst of all the commonly eaten birds.

Also you worry about some of the oddest things if the various prefaces and similar things you write are anything to go by. Relax a little, it is just internet.

Posghetti

Un-official ReVeluv Leader
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mashed Potatoes and Gravy (Like cmon, that has to be on everyone's list?!)
Roasted Turkey/Pig Mixed
Pumpkin Cheesecake
Boiled Cabbage Ball Soup (Literally the core cut out and a weird broth with small cubed chicken, peas, somewhat thin noodles and the liquid from cooking the Turkey/Pig dashed around the outside of the cabbage) (Don't ask me how, my Grandma is a frickin legend)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol Syl