Favorite controller.

Demifiend

The bored one
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
When it comes to videogames, the most essential tool to play them (outside of the console, obviously) is the controller, the controller itself defines the thing you will be most experienced with, for any genre available, for any game available, all those stories will be played within that controller, of course the games are gonna play or behave differently one to each other, but the controller not, the controller doesn't change, it stays the same as so, i posted this thread to share opinions about this matter.

My favorite controller is no doubt, without any other competition, the GC controller, my reasons for it is basically because is the one that feels better and looks more complex and big than other controllers, the buttons feel nice, even the little D-pad isn't half bad either for me, after Nintendo learned their lesson with the N64 controller and how awkwardly shaped was for some games, the Gamecube controller came and it was a bless, is for me the best Nintendo controller they have ever produced, yes, it is even better than the SNES controller which is largely acclaimed by the general public for its simplicity and so.

The one coming close is the Sony brand of controllers, from PS1 all the way up to PS3, but this is more bias since the PS1 was my first home console, and i know the layout of this controller since i was a kid, so when i pick up this controller, it always felt natural, never out of place, I've gotten used to it since so, and that's about it.

D

Deleted_11405

i like the white dual shock controller for ps4. it was possible to choose one (the second one which wasnt with the pack included.) So when the seller asked me, i liked to choose for the white one as second controller ;)

Reactions: invaderyoyo
D

Deleted User

I don't own an Xbox 360 nor have I really extensively used one, but for the short amount of time I held one of it's controllers, I think I can confidently say that the Xbox 360's controller feels very nice to hold.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I have a PS4 controller just for my PC, and I absolutely love it. Gamecube is good (perhaps even great), but at best can take a second place. The xbox360...I can use it, but am not a fan.

The steam controller is a bit of a wildcard. It's the best controller for games that properly use it, but there are hardly games where a PS4 or keyboard+mouse isn't better.

Ruby Gloom

GBAtemp Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
I'm kinda picky about how a controller should be. The GC one doesn't feel right in my hands. I like the 3ds. (I know, it probably doesn't count.) I've been using that for such a long time that I've gotten used to it over time.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have big hands, so I really like the XBox 360 controller, it fits my hands well and it's really comfortable to hold. It loses a few points due to the D-Pad though. If the Wii U Pro Controller didn't have awkward button placement, that would be my favorite, but I think the 360 controller wins by a narrow margin.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a