AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The cartoon of my people: King of the Hill.

Texas biases aside, Simpsons, hands down, is one of the best shows put on TV. At least, the first 10 or so years.
I hate how the Simpsons portrays Scottish people as drunken idiots ready to fight or argue at the drop of a hat. Oh no wait thats pretty much me isn't it :rofl2:

Mythical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Archer, but there's also
The Cleveland Show,
Frisky Dingo (and a weird side show with 2 episodes),
Bob's Burgers,
Bojack Horseman,
Paradise PD,
Moonbeam City, and
Disenchantment.
A more serious favorite of mine is Bojack Horseman, but it hits the feels a lot
Outside of that Bob's burgers and The Cleveland Show are really solid (the latter was sadly cancelled :/ )
This reminds me to finish watching the newest Bojack :D and also the last of it :/

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Bob's Burgers? :ha:

Family Guy was my favorite, but it feels like it is going off the rails. Rick and Morty is still good, but there are so few episodes. South Park is still good after all these years.

64bitmodels

Professional Nintendo Hater
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The cartoon of my people: King of the Hill.

Texas biases aside, Simpsons, hands down, is one of the best shows put on TV. At least, the first 10 or so years.
TBH futurama is basically the simpsons+
I love it more than simpsons simply because of how much more emotional it can get, it really tears at your heartstrings (the late phillip j fry)
plus it's much more adult-focused than the simpsons

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

No Bob's Burgers? :ha:

Family Guy was my favorite, but it feels like it is going off the rails. Rick and Morty is still good, but there are so few episodes. South Park is still good after all these years.
Here ya go! :lol:

Reactions: IncredulousP

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Futurama counts as an adult cartoon? I was not necessarily expecting Heavy Metal or anything here but Futurama? They played that for kids during dinner around here.

Still I am going with Stressed Eric.

That said the best ones for me are still going to be the nods and slipping things under the radar/past the censors moments of actual cartoons for kids.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's a lot of great adult cartoons - I have a lot of love for King of the Hill, Futurama and The Simpsons - but I don't think any piece of fiction will ever mean as much to me as BoJack Horseman, so my vote's gotta go to that.

D

Deleted User

South Park.

Pity that Futurama was cancelled.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Futurama counts as an adult cartoon? I was not necessarily expecting Heavy Metal or anything here but Futurama? They played that for kids during dinner around here.

Still I am going with Stressed Eric.

That said the best ones for me are still going to be the nods and slipping things under the radar/past the censors moments of actual cartoons for kids.
In Spain, for example, they aired The Simpsons around 2 PM back in the early 2000's, dunno now but they just consider it a "cartoon" either way.

Western channels tend to look at animation as if it's all for kids. Well, they know South Park ain't for kids, but they're okay with The Simpsons for kids as it's mostly harmless.

Reactions: IncredulousP

relauby

Idiot Child
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Somehow, only one on the list with a TV-MA Rating = (Adult's only) is south park. :blink:

I think when you're talking adult cartoons, you're more talking who they're aimed at more than whether or not they're appropriate for children. There's not much in Bob's Burgers or even King of the Hill that's inappropriate for kids, but kids clearly aren't the target audience for those shows.

Reactions: VinsCool

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think when you're talking adult cartoons, you're more talking who they're aimed at more than whether or not they're appropriate for children. There's not much in Bob's Burgers or even King of the Hill that's inappropriate for kids, but kids clearly aren't the target audience for those shows.
I guess that's a fair point. The ratings for games or tv don't dictate who the target audience of the show are for. Just shares with the viewer what kind of "offending" content it may contain for them and suggest what age it is appropriate to view such things at. :ninja:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: :rofl2: :rofl2: