faulty emmc, donor nand working, prodinfo seems fine - how to rebuild nand and userdata(profile/saves)?

k28

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
this unpatched and unmodified v1 would boot to an errorcode.

replaced the faulty emmc and the switch is working with a new emmc and donor nand. i could dump the orignand, orig prod.keys. can open the nand wit nxnandmanager. the prodinfo seems to be fine. how would you rebuild the nand, if possible inlcuding userdata(saves/profile) to see if prod.info is coruppted somehow. maybe it issomething not uniqe which is corrupted?

in case the prod.keys and or prod.info is coruppted somehow, is it possible to uncorrupt them? they shouldnt be corrupted as i can open the nand and the console info etc?

if everything's falling apart, can i transfere the extractable savegames to the donor nand? maybe including the old profile? if this is possible could i then transfere the savegames with the datatransfere tool in horizon to an unmodified console?

thx

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

replaced the faulty emmc and the switch is working with a new emmc and donor nand. i could dump the orignand, orig prod.keys. can open the nand wit nxnandmanager. the prodinfo seems to be fine. how would you rebuild the nand, if possible inlcuding userdata(saves/profile) to see if prod.info is coruppted somehow. maybe it issomething not uniqe which is corrupted?

in case the prod.keys and or prod.info is coruppted somehow, is it possible to uncorrupt them? they shouldnt be corrupted as i can open the nand and the console info etc?

if everything's falling apart, can i transfere the extractable savegames to the donor nand? maybe including the old profile? if this is possible could i then transfere the savegames with the datatransfere tool in horizon to an unmodified console?

thx

If your using the new lock pick it should still get the keys even with a damaged nand. I think it's called picklock now.

You can use the prodinfo gen tool to generate new profinfo. Then nx nand manager to restore.

I don't think you can use alternate keys. It might be possible but I think you still need the original keys too.

I'm playing with this at the moment. I'm trying to create a fresh nand from scratch using a generated prodinfo... But I also want a set of keys that isn't related to the original console.... And I'm not sure if that's possible.

All your other stuff you should be able to save and transfer in nx nand manager.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

thx
Don't know if you solved this yet, but in any case.
You can extract saves from a NAND backup using https://gbatemp.net/threads/extract-save-from-nand-backup.514261/#post-8299285 (use HacDiskMount to extract the needed files from a NAND backup before running the tool)
The resulting folders can be easily imported with Checkpoint.

The user partition contains all unique data, if you restore only the user partition and it works, then you should have all the data and you don't need to do anything else.
Hi,did it work?, could you recover your data?
The instructions should apply to you as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Sicklyboy, Hey