Hacking faulty DS d-pad

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
I don't get a response when pushing right on the d-pad so I'd like to know whether it's the plastic part that's faulty, or the button itself.

I got my ds lite from a place where I could get it replaced (just the once), but as I've only had the ds for a couple of months, I want to go through all my options before doing so.

I'd also like to know if this is a common issue and where I can find replacement parts for as cheap as possible. Thanks.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
Why will they only replace it once? You mentioned in the other thread that you had extended cover, but the DS is still within it's 1 year original warranty so surely the warranty conditions still apply, and the extended cover t+c's only come in after one year?

dice

pansy-ass ex-staff member
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Why will they only replace it once? You mentioned in the other thread that you had extended cover, but the DS is still within it's 1 year original warranty so surely the warranty conditions still apply, and the extended cover t+c's only come in after one year?
I totally forgot about that you know
ohmy.gif
I've never had a console that's caused me problems within its warrenty
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, That's Kero Kero Bonito. They made this all time meme.