• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

"Fatphobics" discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you aren’t that person’s GP then you should keep your mouth shut about their “health.” Beyond “health” there are tons of barriers to healthy living including disability and poverty.

LDAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People who give overweight people crap all the time are also the same people who call people who wear glasses "four-eyes", or redheads with freckles "salami-skin", or black people "n*****". They just love to be a prick to everyone, and that's a fact.
Don't pretend like it's ever anything different to what I just said there...

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who give overweight people crap all the time are also the same people who call people who wear glasses "four-eyes", or redheads with freckles "salami-skin", or black people "n*****". They just love to be a prick to everyone, and that's a fact.

Are fat shaming and racism really comparable?
Climb down off the cross, dude.

LDAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't say they were comparable. You're seeing things that aren't there? You need to brush up on your reading comprehension.
I was talking about the type of people who have nothing else going on in their lives but to give other people crap. Worthless maggots.

Last edited by LDAsh,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I never understood the concept of fatphobia. I can’t imagine being afraid of a person with a top speed of 5 miles per hour that’s far too big to attack me with any degree of stealth. All I have to do is walk away at a brisk pace, the threat will pass out from being winded or succumb to heart disease long before I need a break.

For the record, I am in favour of shame working as a deterrent. Shame is your natural, built-in mechanism that lets you know you’re probably doing something self-destructive. You can’t be “healthy at any size” and suffer from “fat shaming” at the same time - are you comfortable in your own skin or not? I refuse to believe that there is one morbidly obese person on this planet that doesn’t realise they’re on a path of self-destruction. We can talk poverty, disease or disability all day, but the largest slice of the diet pie is, and always has been, calories in and calories out. It’s not glandular, it’s addiction, no different than being addicted to anything else. If you’d shame a crack addict, you shouldn’t feel any different about shaming someone actively in the process of killing themselves with food. You get compassion when you try to do something about the issue - if you’re proud of your addiction, you don’t get any. We shouldn’t be accepting or tolerant in regards to obesity, it’s one of the biggest contributing factors of premature death in the western world.

Last edited by Foxi4,

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your strawmaning so hard all those things you said in your post op never are actully said

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you aren’t that person’s GP then you should keep your mouth shut about their “health.” Beyond “health” there are tons of barriers to healthy living including disability and poverty.
well i mean fat people need to lose weight lol and tbh if they wont bullied they wouldnt

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but sure im fatphobic i honestly find fat people very unattractive and would prefer not to be close friends with them

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have glasses never have said the n word to a black person and have didnt even know salami skin was offensive but yeah fat people need help lol and i wouldnt want to be freinds with them

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but sure im fatphobic i honestly find fat people very unattractive and would prefer not to be close friends with them
I understand your point (subjective but understandable) regarding attractiveness... But why would you prefer "not to be close friends"?

There may be sound reasons, but I'm not sure which ones you talk about.
I guess you could say "I would feel bad/sad having a close friends that can barely move around and could die any day because of obesity", is something like that the logic behind preferring "not to be close friends"? Or is it something else?

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understand your point (subjective but understandable) regarding attractiveness... But why would you prefer "not to be close friends"?

There may be sound reasons, but I'm not sure which ones you talk about.
I guess you could say "I would feel bad/sad having a close friends that can barely move around and could die any day because of obesity", is something like that the logic behind preferring "not to be close friends"? Or is it something else?
cause im fatphobic

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
cause im fatphobic
Yeah, but that is only a word, and open to interpretations and open definitions.

I am asking you about your personal interpretation and personal reason of preferring "not to be close friends".

According to you, why would a fatphobic prefer "not to be close friends", what is the logic that a fatphobic has for this particular decision, for example. You could say "because a fatphobic think they smell bad and wouldn't want one close to them", or "because a fatphobic is afraid of dying if one falls over them while watching movie together", or... Well, you get it, what would be the logic for a fatphobic in this case.

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, but that is only a word, and open to interpretations and open definitions.

I am asking you about your personal interpretation and personal reason of preferring "not to be close friends".

According to you, why would a fatphobic prefer "not to be close friends", what is the logic that a fatphobic has for this particular decision, for example. You could say "because a fatphobic think they smell bad and wouldn't want one close to them", or "because a fatphobic is afraid of dying if one falls over them while watching movie together", or... Well, you get it, what would be the logic for a fatphobic in this case.
because my uncle beat me with a wii remote and he is fat

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
because my uncle beat me with a wii remote and he is fat
Do you have also phobia to motion controls? Well, that's a very common phobia too... But you sure agree aiming with motion controls is quite more responsive than using analog sticks, not as precise at pointing with the wiimote but good anyway. Hope your uncle didn't deprive you from enjoying this control scheme... Or perhaps he turned you into a PC gamer exclusively?

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have also phobia to motion controls? Well, that's a very common phobia too... But you sure agree aiming with motion controls is quite more responsive than using analog sticks, not as precise at pointing with the wiimote but good anyway. Hope your uncle didn't deprive you from enjoying this control scheme... Or perhaps he turned you into a PC gamer exclusively?
i like the wii i dont like fat people cause he is in jail for abusiving his girlfreind

Reactions: sarkwalvein

Norris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apply the same to trans. Being trans is not a normality but an abnormality. One should not push this.
agree its a illness unfortaley theirs not a cure all trans people are mentally deranged if you cant see your gender when your born you got some big issues im not gonna hate them i just wish they got help and were not mentally challenged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll see the 19.0 update that blocks use ability to it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol newegg+
    Screenshot-20240423-053504-Gmail.jpg
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol newegg+