"Fatphobics" discussion

Beware

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you aren’t that person’s GP then you should keep your mouth shut about their “health.” Beyond “health” there are tons of barriers to healthy living including disability and poverty.

LDAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
People who give overweight people crap all the time are also the same people who call people who wear glasses "four-eyes", or redheads with freckles "salami-skin", or black people "n*****". They just love to be a prick to everyone, and that's a fact.
Don't pretend like it's ever anything different to what I just said there...

elk1007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
People who give overweight people crap all the time are also the same people who call people who wear glasses "four-eyes", or redheads with freckles "salami-skin", or black people "n*****". They just love to be a prick to everyone, and that's a fact.
Don't pretend like it's ever anything different to what I just said there...

Are fat shaming and racism really comparable?
Climb down off the cross, dude.

LDAsh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't say they were comparable. You're seeing things that aren't there? You need to brush up on your reading comprehension.
I was talking about the type of people who have nothing else going on in their lives but to give other people crap. Worthless maggots.

Last edited by LDAsh,

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I never understood the concept of fatphobia. I can’t imagine being afraid of a person with a top speed of 5 miles per hour that’s far too big to attack me with any degree of stealth. All I have to do is walk away at a brisk pace, the threat will pass out from being winded or succumb to heart disease long before I need a break.

For the record, I am in favour of shame working as a deterrent. Shame is your natural, built-in mechanism that lets you know you’re probably doing something self-destructive. You can’t be “healthy at any size” and suffer from “fat shaming” at the same time - are you comfortable in your own skin or not? I refuse to believe that there is one morbidly obese person on this planet that doesn’t realise they’re on a path of self-destruction. We can talk poverty, disease or disability all day, but the largest slice of the diet pie is, and always has been, calories in and calories out. It’s not glandular, it’s addiction, no different than being addicted to anything else. If you’d shame a crack addict, you shouldn’t feel any different about shaming someone actively in the process of killing themselves with food. You get compassion when you try to do something about the issue - if you’re proud of your addiction, you don’t get any. We shouldn’t be accepting or tolerant in regards to obesity, it’s one of the biggest contributing factors of premature death in the western world.

Last edited by Foxi4,
Reactions: Minox and elk1007
General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    spreyndprey33 @ spreyndprey33: lol