cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ringo619 said:
the world is getting more fucked up more and more.

No it's not, you just hear about it more often due to the improvements in communications technology, and get it rammed down your throats non stop, due to the watering down of journalism with 24 hour rolling news.

rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
Okay, as depraved as it is, this has little to do with gaming news.

Can't we keep the news section (more specifically the ones that get posted under the News sidebar on the main page) for gaming news?

If it's not about gaming, it seems to be about someone killing someone else in a disturbing fashion.

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
rad140 said:
Okay, as depraved as it is, this has little to do with gaming news.

Can't we keep the news section (more specifically the ones that get posted under the News sidebar on the main page) for gaming news?

If it's not about gaming, it seems to be about someone killing someone else in a disturbing fashion.

This is a news section. It's not just gaming news.

Sheimi

A cute Vixen!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope that fucker dies and goes to hell. Seriously, this almost made me puke. What the fuck is wrong with people.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
mabilouz said:
cwstjdenobs said:
Horrible to say this, but this is rather interesting though, this sort of revenge murder suicides are generally committed by women....

God thinking that I've just made myself feel sick.
I know of no statistics to back that up.

http://jama.ama-assn.org/content/267/23/3179.short

Filicide-murder(murdering the child then committing suicide) is much more common in women, familicide-suicide(killing your partner and children) men.
You may be right
smile.gif
but without proper figures and a proper source for the figures. This doesn't really cut itQUOTE
Data Sources. —Data were obtained from English-language articles based on searches using MEDLINE (from 1966), PsychINFO (from 1967), and EMBASE (from 1974) programs. In addition, relevant articles, books, and monographs identified from the reference list of retrieved articles were reviewed.
Nor does the fact that it was written 19 years ago. Not meaning this to sound rude I respect you and I like your posts.
smile.gif
I think my other post seemed abrupt in hindsight and I didn't mean it to.

I'd be far more interested in knowing the overall risk of being murdered as a child is it from men or women. I know that younger kids are more at risk from their mum than their dad. But as they age the risk switches to dad. Overall I always thought it was dad but I don't know if that is true or not, maybe it is mum.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
people like this don't deserve kids and what makes it completely ironic is i can't have kids yet a monster like this can have them, it just don't make sense.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mabilouz said:
You may be right
smile.gif
but without proper figures and a proper source for the figures. This doesn't really cut it
snip...

I know, there are more recent studies, but this one seems to be quite respected despite its obvious shortfalls. All the newer have the same problems but are still taken seriously. Statistics on these sort of things, like on serial killers, will probably always have unreliable sources and too small data sets due to there very nature and how those close will never want to talk.

Miss Panda

Trophies
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
mabilouz said:
You may be right
smile.gif
but without proper figures and a proper source for the figures. This doesn't really cut it
snip...

I know, there are more recent studies, but this one seems to be quite respected despite its obvious shortfalls. All the newer have the same problems but are still taken seriously. Statistics on these sort of things, like on serial killers, will probably always have unreliable sources and too small data sets due to there very nature and how those close will never want to talk.
I was just hoping for some nice clinical government figures, but I can't find any either. The one part of your initial post that I would take exception to was the use of the word revenge.
Anyhoo I think we all agree it is pretty sick stuff no matter who the perpetrator.
frown.gif

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mabilouz said:
I would take exception to was the use of the word revenge.

Sorry, bad judgement there. Still had a bit of the impotent rage going on when I said that.

QUOTEAnyhoo I think we all agree it is pretty sick stuff no matter who the perpetrator.
frown.gif

Totally. It's a taboo amongst a lot of primates, starting with monkeys and continuing up, that you don't hurt babies, or attack those who are holding them. It is just unfathomable that some seem to not have this feeling.

cwstjdenobs

Sodomy non sapiens
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
shaunj66 said:
There isn't a punishment in the world suitable for that waste of flesh. May the poor little girl RIP.

I don't know, I'm sorta hoping she haunts him, asking the same question every night. "Why Daddy? What did I do wrong? I didn't mean to hurt you. Why did you hurt me so much."

EDIT: Then as she fades away "I love you Daddy, why didn't you love me."

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Stories like this make me want to research the origins of magic, just on the off-chance that it's actually real so I can summon Bahamut and Mega Flare fuckers like this into oblivion.

Seriously though. It's because of shit like this that I suffer from bouts of depression. I see things like this and I totally lose faith in humanity. I don't believe that we as a species are worth maintaining. The apocalypse simply can't come fast enough. It takes the shining influence of a special young lady to bring me out of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I haven't played my Switch n a month or so, just been playing Xbox, and just picked to play lil...