Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star coming to PS4/Vita winter 2016

Marvelous Inc will be publishing Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star in North America, Europe, and Australia this winter. The game will be available both digitally and physically for Playstation 4 and PS Vita. Fate/Extella is based upon Type Moon's visual novel, Fate/Stay Night, and will feature a variety of playable characters from the Fate series.

Developed by Marvelous Inc, Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star takes place after the latest iteration of the franchise’s recurring battle royale, the Holy Grail War, where ‘Servants’ - ancient warriors of myth and legend - fight to reign supreme. The events of this title follow those of Fate/EXTRA, in which the world of SE.RA.PH is controlled by the all-powerful lunar super-computer known as the Moon Cell Automaton. In the digital realm of SE.RA.PH, the Holy Grail War is over, but the land’s new ruler faces challenges and threats from all sides. Those Servants who survived the war now find themselves drawing up tense and unlikely alliances, preparing for a conflict that may tear SE.RA.PH apart...or destroy it entirely.

In true genre fashion, combat is fast, hectic and powerful, with diverse skillsets and varying playstyles spanning several Fate ‘classes.’ With breathtaking Noble Phantasm attacks and astounding Servant transformations, the Fate franchise has never looked better.

Fate/EXTELLA: The Umbral Star brings together renowned scenario writer Nasu Kinoko, original creator Takashi Takeuchi & character designer Arco Wada, a TYPE-MOON original music soundtrack, and accompanying Japanese-language voice acting provided by the likes of Sakura Tange, Mamiko Noto, Ayako Kawasumi, Rumi Okubo, Maaya Sakamoto and many, many more, making this the ultimate Fate package for fans and series newcomers alike.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So, will the Vita also get a physical release, or just the PS4 version? I hate when they release the PS4 one and make me buy the digital one for the vita. x.x

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
I was looking at the trailer, and I thought it was interesting, until I saw the gameplay.
Then I was jut like "Oh, wait, this is Hyrule Warriors for PlayStation? Meh."
I don't think I'll give this a shot. :-/

SomecallmeBerto

The Anti-Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking at the trailer, and I thought it was interesting, until I saw the gameplay.
Then I was jut like "Oh, wait, this is Hyrule Warriors for PlayStation? Meh."
I don't think I'll give this a shot. :-/

Dynasty Warriors's gameplay; but I do see your point. I was like that until I gave it a shot and I was surprised how much fun it is to kill waves and waves of enemies.

Reactions: smileyhead

smileyhead

I like cute stuff.
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
Hungary
Dynasty Warriors's gameplay; but I do see your point. I was like that until I gave it a shot and I was surprised how much fun it is to kill waves and waves of enemies.
I've played Hyrule Warriors Legends for a couple of levels, but it didn't really appeal that much to me.
Everyone has their likes and dislikes, I guess.

Verack

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've played Hyrule Warriors Legends for a couple of levels, but it didn't really appeal that much to me.
Everyone has their likes and dislikes, I guess.

It's pretty niche due to the nature of the game. The problem is that if you don't like Dynasty Warriors, you won't like any of the other games (Hyrule Warriors, Fate/Extella, etc). However, this game is being made by Tamsoft, not Koei Tecmo. As in, it's being made by the same team that made Senran Kagura, Onechanbara Z2 Chaos, and some others. It *might* be different in terms of finer details as a result, so who knows.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yep, dunno why that is. It came straight from the press release...nice job, Marvelous, preventing people in territories you're trying to market to, from watching a trailer for your game.
Nice Job? Don't you mean "MARVELOUS" Job? You would expect nothing different. :P

Also the thumbnail pic has yet another woman with skin exposing chest. THE CLICK BAIT @Chary IS A NATRUAL. :mthr:
I need to stop falling for this.

So anyone excited for this game? Is a end of year release huh?

Since no one did it yet, I'm doing it first.

DYNASTY WARRIORS CLONE!

Last edited by Sonic Angel Knight,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse