Fatal Frame for the Wii U (Nintendo, release it in the West too!)

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by WiiCube_2013, Oct 1, 2014.

1. WiiCube_2013
    OP

WiiCube_2013 GBAtemp Guru

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    [​IMG]
    Screenshots from Amazon.co.jp​
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Warning: Spoilers inside!
    Seriously what the fuck, a lot of Nintendo fans from the 80's and 90's grew up and still play Nintendo consoles but for some reason Nintendo assumes that their console(s) are kiddy or something? If that were the case then they wouldn't be releasing Bayonetta 1, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade, Devil's Third plus multiplatforms!​
    Hopefully in a few months time we'll see Fatal Frame (or Project Zero) getting a release in EU/US because there's no reason for them to refuse releasing this one (would it be another sales flop? maybe but there's customers willing to pay for it!).​

2. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    never liked these games the one on the wii was fucking horrible.

leon315 likes this.
  3. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Wasn't even aware it was on the Wii because Nintendo made it a Japan exclusive. They really like treating their customers like they were in a zoo.

4. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    someone made a complete translation patch into English. game still sucked though the controls were atrocious and you were moving like you were in slow motion even turning around to attack ghosts took forever by the time you turned around to get it the damn thing would have moved behind you and you died. i only played a quarter way through before i couldn't stand it anymore and wiped it from HDD for...eva! :P

WiiCube_2013 likes this.
  5. WiiU

WiiU Lurking in the Shadows

May 7, 2014
    Between worlds of Hyrule & Lorule
    Wow the graphics look pretty cool.

6. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Yeah, it looks really good but a shame we can't play.

7. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    You just answered your own question. It would sell like absolute shit.

8. WiiU

May 7, 2014
    This is why we need Wii U homebrew, to play region free games and translate them.

cvskid likes this.
  9. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Well, but that's just the case for almost every single Wii U game, Arras. One more wouldn't hurt them.

10. grossaffe

grossaffe GBAtemp Addict

May 5, 2013
    United States
    It's not an action game; the idea isn't supposed to be to twitch-reflex head-shot ghosts, but rather so any encounter you have with a ghost feels tense. Apparently the game wasn't made for your liking, but personally, I found it very refreshing to play a true survival/horror game that made me feel vulnerable as a player. It left me feeling so vulnerable that I was on edge the entire time I played and I could only manage to play for about an hour at a time (thankfully, that was about the length of a chapter) before setting it down because the tension would wear me out.

11. Arras

Arras GBAtemp Guru

Sep 14, 2010
    Netherlands
    High age rated niche games aren't really helping though.

12. Bladexdsl

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    it still sucked moving in slow motion was a terrible idea. and the game itself was so fucking boring you just kept repeating doing the same thing over and over again it got old FAST. and no it didn't scare me one bit i was actually laughing sometimes and how stupid it was trying to scare me. Japanese must scare easily :lol:

13. cvskid

cvskid GBAtemp Addict

Apr 13, 2014
    United States
    Fatal Frame 4 was not released in the usa so why would 5? They already messed up by not bringing 4 out here.

14. WiiU

May 7, 2014
    So they should just release 4 as a "HD remake" & 5 together.

cvskid and WiiCube_2013 like this.
  15. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    It's another console generation and thus far a new opportunity to fix what they didn't give their customers.

Nintendo said that the Wii U would be for the mature/hardcore gamers didn't they (before it turned out to be a flop)? So they should stick to their word and give us Fatal Frame for the Wii U.

cvskid likes this.
  16. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    The controller is perfect.

17. emigre

emigre Oh Jeremy Corbyn

Jan 28, 2009
    United States
    London
    This looks very interesting to me.

Hopefully Ninty will localise it to fill in the gaem drought.

18. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    Sure there is a reason: an expected sales flop. The "there's customers willing to pay for it" is a pretty weak argument. Do I have to remind you that zombiu is the most similar game on this system, and that it wasn't profitable by a large margin? Or that, in fact, you yourself said it's not even worth 50 cents? :rolleyes:

19. WiiCube_2013
    OP

Oct 19, 2013
    Gaza Strip
    Well, but ZombiU is a really bad game which people praise it more than they should and it's because of this same disgrace of a zombie game that we were lucky enough for Rayman Legends to go multiplatform.

If Nintendo made a limited print of 10k or 15k for the west then they'd surely sell the game and not worry about its ongoing sales. The unfortunate part is that some asshole would buy 50 copies and once it'd go out of print / stock the price would increase exponentially but then there's a good reason to buy it early (especially Nintendo games when they have such high demand).

20. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Dec 23, 2009
    Belgium
    Belgium
    And why would this be different? After the trailer was released, I made the remark that it barely looked different from wii graphics. Sure, the screen controls should work fine IN THEORY, but if anything, it's been proven (again: zombiu) that pretty much nobody cares for it.

Worse: zombiu wasn't part of a niche franchise. This is. So I don't believe for one second you actually WANT this game. At best, you want it to be released in the West so you can piss on people who DO like it.

(I like zombiu. But it pisses me of that I can't have this opinion without fucktards like you telling me that I'm wrong about my own opinion :angry: )

WiiCube_2013 likes this.