fat32 and wbfs files

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by iSamuel, Jun 23, 2011.

Jun 23, 2011

fat32 and wbfs files by iSamuel at 12:50 PM (1,836 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. iSamuel
    OP

Newcomer iSamuel Newbie

United Kingdom
    I have tried to play a wbfs game on cfg, i am using a fat32 drive i have used 2 fat32 drives in fact to try and get it to work it is actually two partitions on a 1tb hdd, and it refuses to allow me to load, one doesnt let me see the game and the other lets me try and start the game and shows the error "hd num sector doesn't match" i have copied the debug which i will past below in quotes. my wii system is Ver. 4.1E i have latest hombrew channel, latest priiloader and cfg. Im not new to this just simply out of practice and i have simply put the cfg file onto the sd and opened it in homebrew channel it works fine, except i cant run my games. Anyone know the reason? have i not installed something in one of the ios? and if i haven't how would i got about doing that? i have wad manager to install wads etc

2. oggzee

Member oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Slovenia
    your cios 249 is obsolete, install d2x v6

you have 3 partitions, one ntfs and 2 fat, make sure to select the right one

3. raoulteeuwen

Newcomer raoulteeuwen Newbie

Netherlands
    I had the same error with a double layer game. Found out the 4G split size i used was the problem. Try 3G! See http://www.reddit.com/r/wii/comments/l8c1r/noob_question_about_playing_from_usb_hd/ .

4. fig2k4

Member fig2k4 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United Kingdom
    Which backup manager did you use?
    If you manually copied the game from one partition to another, did you remember the .wbf1 file?
    Are both the .wbfs and .wbf1 file names the same?