FAT to WBFS Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by theone964, Jan 17, 2011.

Jan 17, 2011

FAT to WBFS Ubuntu by theone964 at 7:21 PM (2,972 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. theone964
    OP

Newcomer theone964 Newbie

United States
    Hey guys i've been using configurable usbloader for a while now and it ws formated to WBFS which meant adding backups to it was a pain and even backing up disc's took longer because of the whole process. I transfered my backups to my laptop using wfbs-manager on ubuntu 10.04. It changed them all to ISO's at 4.38GB each.

I was going to just leave them as that but thats a LOT of wasted space, and after reading online i found that Wii Game Manager will turn regular files into wfbs format, but it works on windows. I search for a while and found that Wiithon can do that in Linux but it's known to have bugs, and heres my main concern all the posts i've read are from 2009, making me uneasy using that method because i feel that its outdated.

If anyone knows how to convert ISO's to WBFS on Ubuntu (10.04 would be better, thought its probably not a big change) i would really really appreciate it.

Oh and another thing...if im using the same drive to play rom emulation on should i partition the drive or just leave it as one big partition and use all the space

Thanks

2. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States
    wit and/or qtwitgui

3. theone964
    OP

Newcomer theone964 Newbie

United States
    I'm really sorry i dont quite understand what your saying but thanks for replying anyway...As an update...I tried Wiithon regardless, and added my username to the disk "sudo gpasswd -a chirag disk" i dont know the command to make it run from terminal so i found the launcher under games and when i open it from there it gives an error message:

WARNING:

You can not access the partitions because the user who launched wiithon not belong to the group "disk". Showing the games of the last session.

That and it wont show my external HDD (formatted to Fat32) so that i can move my ISO's accross and turn them into .wbfs files

UPDATE: I rebooted and that error message went away but another one came up:

WARNING:

WBFS partitions not found, show the games in the last session.

Which makes sense because i dont have a WBFS partition anymore...so is there not a way i can turn my iso's into wfbs and put them on a FAT drive?

4. oggzee

Member oggzee GBAtemp Addict

Slovenia
  5. giantpune

Member giantpune GBAtemp Addict

United States