Hardware Fat PS3 no video (Sorta)

StrayGuitarist

A genuine feline disaster.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so, some context. There's no sweat if this console is just completely fubar destroyed, as I'm going through a lot of untested PS3s and modding them for some family members. I dug out this fat PS3, the one without the extra flip up thing with the ports and whatnot. I hooked it up, turned it on... And I hear the boot splash, but see nothing. Tried HDMI, AV, different cables, to no avail. My TV says it's getting a signal, but it just shows up black. However, when I put the console into recovery mode, the video worked just fine. I tried doing a full system reset, and the initial setup went fine, but once it was supposed to go to the XMB.. Just a black screen, again. Anyone know what might be causing this?

rs1n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mismatch in the display settings and your TV's capabilities, perhaps? Have you tried resetting the video output by holding down the power button? I don't remember how long or what beeps to listen for but I am sure you can google it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: Oh @RedColoredStars yeah thats sad :sad: i feel it.