ROM Hack Question Fastest way to turn BotW normal save into master mode save

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I spent countless hours into my save on the Switch (got all shrines and completed all quests).
I don't want to cheat or edit the save in any way except one little thing:
Now that I'm on FW 5.1 and was able to update the game and purchase the season pass I want to turn my save into a hard mode save.
I remember this being doable on the Wii U back then and there may be (multiple?) ways to do that on the Switch now as well.
What's the fastest/easiest way to do it?
Did anyone of you try this without problems on the Switch already?

GoldenBullet

That One Guy
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you can turn a normal save into a hard mode save on wiiu then convert your save into a wiiu save, make it hard mode, then convert back to switch. Seems easy enough. Haven't done this so I can't guarantee it will work.

Naked_Snake

Constant Miscreant
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just dump your save file look for your hard mode save copy your normal save you want injected than into your hard mode folder and re inject only the “game_data.sav”

Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just dump your save file look for your hard mode save copy your normal save you want injected than into your hard mode folder and re inject only the “game_data.sav”
To reply to my own thread:
This works but I'll go in detail for anyone else:
First of all, in your dumped save folder there are folders from 0 - 5 (normal mode) and 6 - 7 (master mode). Obviously you would have to start and save a master mode savegame first.
Save in your normal mode and remember the screen you had while saving so you can detect which from 0 - 5 is your most recent savegame instead of turning an older auto save into your master mode save.
Dump your save with checkpoint and copy only the game_data.sav from your most recent savegame folder (detect it by looking at the screenshots) into folder 6 and 7 and overwrite the file there.

Two important notes:
  1. Make sure to complete at least one shrine in your master mode save before you do this. Otherwise the amiibo feature can't be used.
  2. Be aware that your hero path on the map will be gone (aka resetted) so you'll start a new path after you converted your save into a master mode one.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
First of all, in your dumped save folder there are folders from 0 - 5 (normal mode) and 6 - 7 (master mode). Obviously you would have to start and save a master mode savegame first.
Save in your normal mode and remember the screen you had while saving so you can detect which from 0 - 5 is your most recent savegame instead of turning an older auto save into your master mode save.
Dump your save with checkpoint and copy only the game_data.sav from your most recent savegame folder (detect it by looking at the screenshots) into folder 6 and 7 and overwrite the file there.

Two important notes:
  1. Make sure to complete at least one shrine in your master mode save before you do this. Otherwise the amiibo feature can't be used.
  2. Be aware that your hero path on the map will be gone (aka resetted) so you'll start a new path after you converted your save into a master mode one.

thanks for this. I've got my save file from my wiiu which I'm going to be converting to switch then copying over. I'ld hate myself I had to redo the master trials on master mode (again) so thanks for this :)

Reactions: lordelan

Quilical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Two important notes:
How do I dump my save though

TeleTubby666

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
  1. Be aware that your hero path on the map will be gone (aka resetted) so you'll start a new path after you converted your save into a master mode one.

Can't you bypass that problem by just renaming the tracker files from trackblockXX.sav to trackblock_hardXX.sav?

Demented_Elmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Two important notes:
Is there a list of applications or hacking the switch required? (Also any chance of shadow ban?)

Last edited by Demented_Elmo,

lordelan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Like what all do I need to install for this to work? (EX: Is devkitPro required?)

Sorry I have no prior experience with this kind of thing
Lol no. As long as both of your consoles are hacked you just have to dump the save with SaveMii, convert it on your PC and restore it on Switch with Checkpoint.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water