Fastest way to batch install games to Wii U USB drive?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by themyst, Jul 24, 2017.

1. themyst
    OP

themyst GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    Hi,

I am trying to install a large amount of WUPs using WUPinstaller GX2 to my Wii U hard drive, however it appears the process would take days!

I only have a 64GB SD card, so I am basically moving games/updates/DLCs in small chunks which is no easy task given their write speed.

Is there a way to simply take my exFAT formatted hard drive and connect it to the Wii U to install them directly into the Wii U drive? I'm trying to do the WUP install, not loadiine (afraid of compatibility and slow load times).

Last edited by themyst, Jul 24, 2017
  2. godreborn

godreborn GBAtemp Psycho!

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    u can't. installing wii u games requires an sd card.

3. Madcow42

Madcow42 Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 20, 2017
    United States
  4. Gourmet

Gourmet GBAtemp Regular

Sep 17, 2015
    Brazil
  5. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    u'll still have to add the entries to the metadata indexer or the games won't show up. I don't know how much work has been done on figuring that file out either. plus, that file is part of the NAND, not stored on the hdd.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

u can play loadiine games from an hdd. they must be decrypted first I believe which can be done when u download something. I've heard of issues using this though.

6. themyst
    OP

themyst GBAtemp Regular

Mar 5, 2008
    United States
    Eh, my friend has an unused 512GB SDXC card that he'd lend me, but he lives 30 miles away. I suppose I'll have to make that drive :)

I was looking to avoid loadiine because of its poor speed.

7. godreborn

Oct 10, 2009
    United States
    512GB , my god! I have a 256GB card myself. the largest game for the system is like 18GBs or so. u can mass install with wup installer or system config tool. I personally used system config tool. I have around 265 games installed. :P