Hacking Fastest way to batch install games to Wii U USB drive?

themyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,

I am trying to install a large amount of WUPs using WUPinstaller GX2 to my Wii U hard drive, however it appears the process would take days!

I only have a 64GB SD card, so I am basically moving games/updates/DLCs in small chunks which is no easy task given their write speed.

Is there a way to simply take my exFAT formatted hard drive and connect it to the Wii U to install them directly into the Wii U drive? I'm trying to do the WUP install, not loadiine (afraid of compatibility and slow load times).

Last edited by themyst,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
u'll still have to add the entries to the metadata indexer or the games won't show up. I don't know how much work has been done on figuring that file out either. plus, that file is part of the NAND, not stored on the hdd.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

u can play loadiine games from an hdd. they must be decrypted first I believe which can be done when u download something. I've heard of issues using this though.

themyst

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Eh, my friend has an unused 512GB SDXC card that he'd lend me, but he lives 30 miles away. I suppose I'll have to make that drive :)

I was looking to avoid loadiine because of its poor speed.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
512GB , my god! I have a 256GB card myself. the largest game for the system is like 18GBs or so. u can mass install with wup installer or system config tool. I personally used system config tool. I have around 265 games installed. :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr