Hacking Fastest CIOS Poll

In your oppinion what is the fastest rev of CIOS?

• rev9

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • rev10

• rev11

• rev13a

• rev13b

• Total voters

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Rev13a is definitely faster than rev12.So rev12 in the list makes no sense and not having rev13 in the list makes no sense.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
chaseincats said:
wtf theirs a rev13?

and ya this is talking about usb loader times

Loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

There are 2 rev13, a and b. While a is faster and more compatible with games than b. So replace rev12 with rev13a in your list.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
A is faster and is compatible with more games(002b games), while B has the 002 fix integrated. Using rev13a and a loader with the new and better 002 fix is the only way to play the 002b games from usb.

supagusti

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
but in my opinion the 13a is very unstable - every launcher GX, Neogamma, Coverflow crashes randomly while trying to start a game from usb. (Sometimes this happens: GX fades to grey and hangs, Neogamma and Coverflow simply hangs)
An issue i didn't had with older revisions of CIOS.

Anybody else has seen this probs?

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
rev9 is still the most stable, but rev13a the most compatible I recon (and I think rev9 is just as fast as rev13a?)

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
chaseincats said:
002b games?

those are old games like red steel 1 right?

No, new category of games. Look at my compatibility guide.

QUOTE(supagusti @ Jun 11 2009, 10:38 AM) but in my opinion the 13a is very unstable - every launcher GX, Neogamma, Coverflow crashes randomly while trying to start a game from usb. (Sometimes this happens: GX fades to grey and hangs, Neogamma and Coverflow simply hangs)
An issue i didn't had with older revisions of CIOS.

Anybody else has seen this probs?

I don't have these problems. Probably a side effect of rev13 being less compatible with enclosures as rev9 or 10.

mtb-bfh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's fascinating to me that somebody would take an opinion poll as to which of several things were faster. This would totally revolutionize the olympics for sure.

"Well Dave, the Australian swimmer crossed the line first, and the stop-watches agree, but the judges seem to think that the Russian was actually faster. Russia wins another gold!!!!"

chaseincats

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im glad you took time out of your day to post on a thread you obviously dont like, your not getting those 30 seconds back btw

fact.

And manias: touché
smile.gif

wingzrow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just compared

REV10

Animal Crossing start up bus: 3 smoke balls
Punchout wii: 7 now loading blinks

Rev13B:

4 smoke balls
9 Now Loading Blinks

Ile stay with rev 10 thank you very much

If anyone knows of an even faster rev than 10 please let me know.

wolffangalchemist

This is bat country!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i think spped depends on your hdd more than what revision.
i am useing a 2gb coby mp3/mp4 player yeah i know small i'm waiting for my replacement enclosure from newegg for my broken portable 120 gig i broke the usb connector off of.
surprisingly i can fit 3 games on it.
animal crossing: city folk has loaded the same speed every revision from 9 and up 5 smoke balls.
i honestly don't see any improvement in any revision.

D

Deleted User

chaseincats said:
im glad you took time out of your day to post on a thread you obviously dont like, your not getting those 30 seconds back btw

fact.

And manias: touché
smile.gif

You seriously don't get what he's trying to say do you?

I did. I'm sure a lot others do too. Opinion does not matter on the real benchmarks. What I'm trying to get here is your poll. Polls are based on opinions, opinions can't show real benchmarks, and by benchmarks I mean the reading speed.

So, better remove this poll dude. Because polls are based on opinions (as I said). And ya, even though the OP said "Based on your opinion", we can't really decide what's fastest by just taking other's opinions. We've to do test and etc.

QUOTE(mtb-bfh @ Jun 11 2009, 09:40 PM) It's fascinating to me that somebody would take an opinion poll as to which of several things were faster. This would totally revolutionize the olympics for sure.

"Well Dave, the Australian swimmer crossed the line first, and the stop-watches agree, but the judges seem to think that the Russian was actually faster. Russia wins another gold!!!!"

I see what you did there.

Stop-watches: Benchmarks/reading speed

Judges: Opinions

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM