Not open for further replies.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok i dont know if this is the best spot put ill put this topic here.
I just finsihed getting the backup loader and then i got a IOS to play...but i found out it was a bit torrent. So now i have utorrent and it looks like its gonna take a week to finish restoring itself to its orginal IOS file.

My question is....Is there a faster way to get these files done downloading to there original IOS file

Thanks in advance also if you need help understanding things i typed to be afraid to say for me to re-write

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
well im downloading 2 games PES 2008 with 4seeders and like 30% left (i started 3 days ago)
and Brawl with 20seeders and only 30% (started 3 days ago) so i think this something wrong:/

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't be surprised if bans are handed out when the mods discover this thread.

Torrent advice is one thing. Torrent advice explictly related to downloading is game ISO is surely ban material.

Good luck with this one gentlemen...

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They shouldn't get banned or I don't think they will as long as they don't post links.

UnFallen

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
well im downloading 2 games PES 2008 with 4seeders and like 30% left (i started 3 days ago)
and Brawl with 20seeders and only 30% (started 3 days ago) so i think this something wrong:/
Are they PAL or NTSC ISOs??

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
UnseenHero said:
im not posting any links just asking fi theres fast way to gets my torrents downloaded faster
Um not that I know off I'm sure their are applications to speed it up but I don't think they work just download the ones that have more seeders then leechers.

Deleted member 94204

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Protip: If you have a lot of seeder connections, then try limiting your global maximum connections. It will give you less seeders but it will also improve their throughput.
Also, you can limit your uploads but try not to limit them to nothing as that slows your download.
One last thing: Make sure it is port forwarded correctly. If it's not then you will see a little yellow yield sign at the bottom of utorrent. If so then either port it manually with your router's configuration page or enable uPnp in the preferences of utorrent.

@striderx: This is a site indirectly related to piracy. As long as there are no links given there will usually be no bans given. The mods aren't that strict, they be cool dudes.

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ethanx94 said:
Protip: If you have a lot of seeder connections, then try limiting your global maximum connections. It will give you less seeders but it will also improve their throughput.
Also, you can limit your uploads but try not to limit them to nothing as that slows your download.
One last thing: Make sure it is port forwarded correctly. If it's not then you will see a little yellow yield sign at the bottom of utorrent. If so then either port it manually with your router's configuration page or enable uPnp in the preferences of utorrent.

@striderx: This is a site indirectly related to piracy. As long as there are no links given there will usually be no bans given. The mods aren't that strict, they be cool dudes.
ya what he said as long as you don't post dl links .

DarkLG

Wow One Shiny Ribbon!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yoitsme said:
Private torrent sites FTW.
lol yes they are
smile.gif

Sefi

Trophies
XP
Country
You have two options: Deal with it, or find a new source. Usenet and private trackers are your best bet. Usenet may or may not cost you money depending on your ISP, you'll have to look into that yourself but it's very fast. I'm afraid I can't tell you more with the trackers specifically, but if you search enough you'll stumble onto one private tracker and thus into a bunch of others soon after.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
sorry for double post something screwed up and i am using NTSC
i heard that american wiis can only use NTSC so that why im using it and thakns for the "prohint" and it has a green check hope thats means a-ok:P

edit: lol im soooo computer stupid that i have to do this without search i guess but if it takes too lojng ill try to find out about private servers and things liek that:P

Deleted member 94204

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yup green means good.
Most of the newer loaders will actually let you use Pal games on an Ntsc Wii and Ntsc games on a Pal Wii.
Some do it automatically, if not then you have to enable force region in the loader's options.
I've never had to force but I use component cables so I'm not sure if that matters or not.
Good luck.

UnseenHero

The UnseenHero
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
are pal games faster to download if so then i guess ill try one out and see if it works but i need reasurance that it is faster than NTSC

Deleted member 94204

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
They're all the same size but when people scrub them it allows it to become compressed further and make a smaller rar size.
So if your trying to choose between a unscrubbed NTSC game or a scrubbed PAL game I suggest you go with scrubbed.

Scrubbing games can sometimes drastically reduce an iso's compressed file size.
When every game starts out it is about 4.7GB.
Now nintendo puts random junk data at the end of the game so it will push the burn to the edge of the disc.
A scrubbed game replaces the junk data with zeros which make it easier on compression.
Once you unrar the game it goes back to 4.7GB so make sure you have enough hard drive space.
The most scrubbed game I've ever seen was Wii Music which totaled at around 500MB.

overslept

WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WALLY WORLD
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a bunch of "speed up your utorrent 1.8.2!!!111!!1lolsubscribeme" videos on YouTube. A lot of them tell you to do the same thing and check/uncheck the same options so just watch one and move on. Helped me.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
fuck torrents use usenet it's the ONLY fast way to download stuff. i absolutely love downloading at 1300kb (13mb) a/sec that's my connections max speed
tongue.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @SylverReZ, Indeed lol