fast way to wirelessly tranfer between ds and comp

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by dude1, Mar 25, 2007.

Mar 25, 2007
  1. dude1
    OP

Member dude1 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    i need help looking for a fast way to wirelessly tranfer between ds and computer
    i ordered a new cable for my card reader because the other broke the sad part is i have this week+ time period not able to transfer stuff
    i have dsftp but it is about 33kb per second on my lan(why so slow i thought the ds had a 2mb cap) and my other lan devices such as the xbox with the wireless bridge hits 10mb/s or better
    do you recommend any other ftp or direct file transfer program so i can transfer files

thanks

2. TheBlueStylus

Newcomer TheBlueStylus Advanced Member

United States
    If you look at the specs of the DS it is actually a 802.11 IEEE, not 802.11b, theoretical max speed is I think 122 KB/s. I'm not sure why using dsftp gets an avg of like 30KB/s. There isn't really anything else you can do to speed it up I beleive.

3. H8TR

Member H8TR GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    The DS uses legacy 802.11 which tops out at 2Mbps. 2Mbps = 256KB/s max.

4. Sinkhead

Former Staff Sinkhead yay p1ngpong.

United Kingdom
    DS homebrew can not (yet) use fast transfer speeds but the games can. I have an idea why, but I can't explain it fully. Someone else would be better off explaining it.

- Sam