Gaming Fast RMX is amazing

styckx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is easily the underdog of the Switch launch titles.. It isn't quite Redout but holy hell this is the perfect foreplay to it.. Dare I say equal.. I'm absolutely loving this title.. It's fast, challenging, great graphics and beautiful framerates..

styckx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why this game isn't being pushed by marketing.. It's absolutely awesome and 60fps docked... Are they afraid it's going to one up Redout? This is seriously hitting all my F-Zero and Wipeout needs to the fullest..

And the Multiplayer works.. No subscription.

Last edited by styckx,
Reactions: TotalInsanity4

styckx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update coming soon... Devs adding features!

Ct0QPwm.png

Reactions: leonmagnus99

grossaffe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Fast Racing NEO was a nice little gem on the Wii U, but if you didn't get that, you should definitely get Fast RMX. Has NEO's base + DLC tracks as well as all-new new tracks, 4-player local split-screen, 8-player online/lan. Great game, and it's worth throwing some money at a dev supporting Nintendo with good games.

Reactions: styckx

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
WOW!! Both of these games are amazing! They take me back to the F-Zero days. I'm sold I'm definitely getting both of these :D

Reactions: Xzi

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate the gyroscopic view, can you change the view so you aren't playing sideways like a real racing game?
I honestly have no clue wtf you are talking about. Could you describe better what you are talking about? It's the same perspective as most racing games from my playing.

As for the game, I knew before the Switch came out that I was getting it. Unlike redout it's easy to pick up and play without practice

Mr. Wizard

Ending the spread of bullshit one thread at a time
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I honestly have no clue wtf you are talking about. Could you describe better what you are talking about? It's the same perspective as most racing games from my playing.

As for the game, I knew before the Switch came out that I was getting it. Unlike redout it's easy to pick up and play without practice

Sure thing! In most racing games the camera is fixed to the same plane as the car, if you drive on a bank the camera follows the rotation of the car. This mario kart video is the best I could find right now, although it loses some sync with the camera, you are never really looking at a sideways or upside-down view of your kart.

Whereas in fast rmx and other types of racers like it, the camera is not fixed to the same plane of the vehicle, therefore it is free to rotate separate from the camera and you find yourself looking at a sideways or even upside down car at times. While some people enjoy this, I do not. Try playing a flight simulator with an unfixed camera like that (FSX and XPLANE both have fixed and unfixed options) and you will see what I mean.

So let me rephrase my question, does fast RMX have a first person or cockpit view?

DarkenedMatter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know why this game isn't being pushed by marketing.. It's absolutely awesome and 60fps docked... Are they afraid it's going to one up Redout? This is seriously hitting all my F-Zero and Wipeout needs to the fullest..

And the Multiplayer works.. No subscription.

Yeah, all multiplayer is free until Nintendo changes it in fall to a sub based system.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do the physics compare to say Wipeout Pure? They looked a bit floaty and off on the videos but am wondering how they are in real life.
From my experience it depends on the vehicle weight. Cebra seems to be a bit floaty when dropping from one ledge down to another part of the track, but nothing that ruins the game for me.

Skeet1983

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a few questions:

When I play with Joy-Cons detached and in portable tablet mode (Kick stand in use), does it matter which Joy-Con I use? Also, for eshop games, and other games too, is there an electronic manual or anything? Thoughts appreciated :)

xombiexplox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure thing! In most racing games the camera is fixed to the same plane as the car, if you drive on a bank the camera follows the rotation of the car. This mario kart video is the best I could find right now, although it loses some sync with the camera, you are never really looking at a sideways or upside-down view of your kart.

Whereas in fast rmx and other types of racers like it, the camera is not fixed to the same plane of the vehicle, therefore it is free to rotate separate from the camera and you find yourself looking at a sideways or even upside down car at times. While some people enjoy this, I do not. Try playing a flight simulator with an unfixed camera like that (FSX and XPLANE both have fixed and unfixed options) and you will see what I mean.

So let me rephrase my question, does fast RMX have a first person or cockpit view?

It does not have what you're looking for, but the view *can* be change to further behind the vehicle to allow for a better idea of where it is on the track; I've found this helps me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte